Human Resources Generalist
Access Hospital Dayton Dayton, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Access Hospital Dayton is hiring for a Human Resources Generalist.
- May oversee the scheduling, assignments, and daily workflow of subordinate staff in the department.
- May assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Healthcare setting
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organizations facilities.
Access Hospital Dayton
Access Hospital in Dayton, Ohio, offers specialized, caring, inpatient mental health and substance abuse programming designed to assist adults who are in need of crisis stabilization. The inpatient mental health program we offer treats issues such as depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, bipolar disorder, and age related mental illness such as dementia or Alzheimer’s. We offer alcohol and substance abuse treatment and recovery programming including medically assisted detox. Treatment is provided in a safe and secure environment that is conducive to healing and recovery. Services include daily visits with a psychiatrist, individualized and group therapy, 24-hour nursing care, medication management, dual-diagnosis treatment options, case management and discharge planning.
2611 Wayne AvenueDayton, OH