- Expired: November 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Accenture Federal Services delivers a range of innovative, tech-enabled services for the U.S. Federal Government to address the complex, sensitive challenges of national security and intelligence missions.
Refer a qualified candidate and earn up to $10K. Learn more here >
Accenture Federal Services (AFS) is seeking a project manager within the Emerging Technology and Cyber Account - Mission Platform Automation (MPA) group. The Mission Platform Automation team designs, delivers, and supports practical solutions with collaborate customer engagement and a commitment to continual improvement. The MPA group's projects focus on system engineering while leveraging new and innovative approaches to deliver critical mission infrastructure across in support of the Department of Defense. As a San Antonio, TX based Technical Program Manager, one will manage a team of both functional and matrixed team members to execute and document projects as they support the Performance Work Statement (PWS). This includes:
- Develop project schedules and documentation in support of technical software based projects, providing regular updates to the government project manager, contracting officer representative, and all other relevant stakeholders.
- Discussing potential projects and their parameters with clients, executives, and software developers.
- Planning out the blueprints for software projects, including defining the scope, allocating resources, setting deadlines, laying out communication strategies, and indicating tests and maintenance.
- Coordinate, prepare, and brief Accenture Federal Services (AFS) and government management on project status at various milestones/stages in the project life-cycle.
- Coordinate with engineering, operations, and security for project initiation and execution throughout the life-cycle of the project.
- Document and mitigate the risks associated with each project and maintain a risk register.
- Develop a budget for each project that includes the personnel and materials necessary to successfully execute the project. Monitor and adjust project financials to ensure each project stays within budget and scope.
- Identify and lead for action strategic opportunities for growth and business development
- Lead the capture and proposal activities for business opportunities directly related to the assigned project.
- Creation and delivery of plans for both existing and new client innovation through business and product development and advancement of applied technology to facilitate AFS team growth.
- Potential travel to client work sites within and around the Lackland Air Force Base and larger San Antonio, TX vicinity may be required.
Here's what you need:
- BA/BS Degree (higher education degrees can substitute for years of education)
- \18 years experience supporting the US Government with at least 5 years in a leadership or management
- 2+ years of experience with client presentation delivery with experience producing formal deliverable documents
- 2+ years of experience with MS Office Suite or similar tools
- 2+ years of experience in applied technology supporting United States Government mission domains such as Department of Defense (DoD), Department of State (DoS), Department of Justice (DoJ), or the Intelligence Community (IC).
- 5 years of experience managing projects such as software development, communications or intelligence systems, or Information Technology related projects.
Bonus points if you have:
- Ability to effectively communicate both project and technical information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and innovative thinking
- PMP, other Project Management certification, or similar formal training
- Experience supporting software development projects using an Agile / Scrum methodology
- Active Top Secret US Government clearance is required
US Citizenship required.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture Federal Services
Accenture Federal Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role. Accenture Federal Services is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women. Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually. Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Accenture Federal Services
AddressSan Antonio, TX
BusinessView all jobs at Accenture Federal Services
Get fresh Accenture Design jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.