Heavy Equipment Operator
Accent Controls, Inc Devens, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
Heavy Equipment Operator
Accent Controls, Inc. (ACI) is seeking a full-time Heavy Equipment Operator for first shift supporting the Logistics Readiness of the Army Reserve Equipment and Facilities for the 99th Regional Support Command located in Fort Devens, Massachusetts.
The Heavy Equipment Operator operates wheeled, tracked, towed, and attached equipment such as tactical vehicles, graders, bulldozers, and semi-trucks on and off public roads. Other tasks include loading and unloading equipment and preventive maintenance checks and services.
Perks and Benefits of being a Heavy Equipment Operator with us:
- Pride in working with and maintaining military equipment for the soldiers
- You get to operate military equipment
- You get to operate all the new equipment the Military gets
- The satisfaction of operating Heavy Equipment without having to go long distance or be away from the family
- Assisting Soldiers when they come to get their equipment
- The pay is good
- You can work either five 8-hour days or four 10-hour days so you have a chance at a three day weekend
- The hours are steady
- No weekend working hours
To join our team as a Heavy Equipment Operator you need:
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) equivalent
- A valid U.S. State issued CLASS A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with appropriate endorsements
- Minimum five (5) years verifiable experience operating similar equipment.
- Knowledge of Army Regulations, technical bulletins, pamphlets, and guidance concerning the Army Oil Analysis Program to bring vehicles and equipment to correct operating levels and to take proper oil samples.
The Heavy Equipment Operator position is covered under The McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act (SCA) with Wage Determinations (WDs). SCA positions furnish services in the U.S. through the employment of service employees. Service employees are compensated per the prevailing wage rates and fringe benefits that are set by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Wage and Hour Division's WDs. 29 CFR Part 541 and 29 CFR 4.163(f)
ACI maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment and random substance abuse testing and background verification checks. ACI is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email HR@accentcontrols.com to request accommodation. In addition to federal law requirements, ACI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. ACI participates in E-Verify.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Accent Controls, Inc
ConstructionView all jobs at Accent Controls, Inc