Accent Controls, Inc. is seeking a Procurement Manager for the Navy Sea Sparrow Missile Program to be located in Yorktown, Virginia. Secret Clearance, required. Contract Start Date: 04/01/2020.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for assuring that all procurement elements of the contract are executed in accordance with contract requirements and other US, State, and local regulations. The Procurement Manager provides value by organizing, coordinating and supervising the purchasing staff, to include their proper training and execution of their duties in accordance with the FAR and ACI procurement regulations. From the Project Office in Yorktown VA, the Procurement Manager serves as interface and coordinator between the Project Manager and government officials on all procurement matters. The Procurement Manager is accountable for the safe, efficient, and economical start-up, transition and/or operation of the procurement office and staff.
TASK DETAILS/ ORGANIZATIONAL CONTROLS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs all policy for operations for the purchasing staff. Works with the Project Manager to communicate policy to all teammates, and assure work place policies are implemented.
- Coordinates and manages all contracts and subcontracts and leases to assure contract compliance and performance to ACI standards and expectations.
- Assures proper maintenance and management of the procurement files according to the customers and ACI's specifications and schedule.
- Monitors and maintains contract schedules and deadlines. Directs and oversees on-site installation adjustments as necessary.
- Assures that all personnel adhere to contract competition requirements while ensuring quality procedures are inherent.
- Monitors and maintains the success, accuracy, current status and operational effectiveness of implemented plans, policies and operating procedures.
- Initiates and maintains a good working relationship with the customer. Responds to customer complaints and inquiries in a prompt, courteous and effective manner. Communicates with management on customer service topics and general feedback.
- Maintains a professional image. Recognizes ACI's commitment to pride and quality work.
- Assures the accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution, and retention of all necessary reports and records regarding the procurement operation.
- Coordinates training and implements ACI's policies and procedures including hiring procedures, safety policies, personnel practices and guidelines, operational procedures and contract specific procedures.
- Trained, certified and demonstrates an understanding of the following topics: Antiterrorism; Handling of Classified Material;; ACI Safety Project; ACI Quality Control Project; Cyber Security Training; Site OSHA/RCRA Requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
REQUIREMENTS/ SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent work experience); MS/MA preferred
- Proven track record of successful government contracting experience
- Expert knowledge of Navy procurement systems.
- Minimum of 10 years purchasing experience in major programs
- Must have excellent supervisory, presentation and communication skills
- Must have managed a procurement activity
- Must be able to work well with others
- Ability to interact with all management and non-management levels within ACI
- Ability to interact with all management and non-management levels within the client's organization
- Ability to convey ideas and work techniques through excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Trained and certified IAW with the ACI Team Training Plan
In situations where job classifications are subject to modification, due to mission, or any specific federal or state regulation, or agreement, ACI will reserve the right to change, modify or revise the employment terms and conditions.
ACI maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment and random substance abuse testing and background verification checks. ACI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender and/or race/ethnic identification, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. ACI participates in E-Verify.
ACI is a Women Business Enterprise (WBE), Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and employs a diverse workforce including electrical/mechanical engineers and former military personnel.
We combine high-performance solutions with the customer-focused responsiveness, flexibility, and cost leadership that are the hallmarks of a small business. ACI’s experience with commercial best practices and its metric-driven systems make it exceptionally qualified as a continual improvement, adaptable, and cost-minded partner.