This full-time position is a technical support role working with an integrated team of Support Services
Engineers, network and server engineers, and IT Managers. The primary objective is to provide Tier 3 reactive level support for all managed services clients, as well as special projects (remote) as assigned by the Support Services Manager.
This role is responsible for ensuring client satisfaction in every step of problem resolution through answering Escalated Client Support Issues. All staff members are required to track detailed information about each client's service request in an online ticketing application. The Senior Systems Engineer must record diagnostic steps as they troubleshoot the reported problem. Staff members must also follow-up with all clients to ensure that their service needs have been met.
Reports to: Assigned Team Service Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Systems Engineer will have and maintain Tier 3 knowledge and experience in hardware/software concepts, tools, and support best practices. This knowledge and experience will be used to support various software products, including but not limited to Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X, Microsoft Office, Networking, Security, Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware products and various client-specific line of business software.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for participating in an integrated team of service delivery professionals. This team may consist of other Support Services Engineers, System and Network engineers and Administrators, and IT Managers. Working within this team approach is critical to the success of this position and communication between and across teams is critical to providing the client with a superior service. The following duties and responsibilities are essential for this position:
- Respond to client support issues via phone and e-mail
- Superior communication skills and have the ability to effectively explain technical concepts to clients so they can understand easily.
- Create / update / document procedures that document best practices when working with particular software tools or troubleshooting problems.
- Determine escalation points for specific problems and follow instructions for alerting and escalating team members about client issues.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Education and Soft Skills
• VCP Preferred
• Network+ or CCNA
• Azure Administrator / Developer
• 4-year bachelor’s degree Preferred
• Batch / Perl / PowerShell / Python / VB Knowledge
• Elite analytic and problem-solving skills
• Microsoft Network and Cloud Technologies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work successfully with an integrated support team
• Maintains knowledge required to perform the help desk engineer position.
• Works effectively with other members of the organization to troubleshoot client issues.
• Participates in developing procedures and suggesting improvements to existing procedures.
• Participates in daily / weekly team meetings.
• Acts as an advocate for clients within the organization.
• Effectively escalates client issues and follows-up to make sure that the client is satisfied.
• Documents all contact with the client in ConnectWise. Updates all information within the client configurations base as appropriate.
Accent Computer Solutions, Inc
Why Work Here?Accent Computer Solutions, Inc provides fast, friendly, frustration-free IT support and consulting to Southern California-based businesses. Our headquarters are in Rancho Cucamonga, CA, and clients are supported nationwide. We have been in business for over 30 years. We are financially stable and are always looking for our next highly engaged employee. Visit www.AccentOnIT.com for more information.
Our employees say it best -- check out their stories here: https://blog.accentonit.com/topic/team-member-spotlight