Senior Technical Communications Writer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Senior Technical Writer is responsible for developing administrator and deployment guides, and API documentation for developers using the Kiteworks platform.
Preferred location is near Portsmouth, NH or Palo Alto, CA, but we will consider any US location as well. Depending on your location, responsibilities may require attending meetings in evenings.
What You Will Do
· Write administrator documentation for installing and maintaining the Kiteworks platform in on-premise, private cloud, hybrid, and FedRAMP environments.
· Write API documentation and sample code, including API endpoint descriptions, responses, requests, query parameters, and data models.
· Perform hands-on product testing.
· Develop release notes.
· Work with the user experience team to improve user interface text.
· Work with product, engineering, and support teams to successfully gather information required to understand the problems our users are facing and the ways our products help to solve them.
· Work with the documentation manager to resolve documentation bugs, identify and address customer documentation concerns, and deliver accurate and high-quality documentation for each software release.
· Deliver quality content on schedule with frequent product releases.
· Author content using MadCap Flare.
What You Bring With You
· 3+ years of experience single-sourcing content using MadCap Flare or RoboHelp.
· 2-3 years of experience writing task-based content for a diverse audience of users, administrators, and infrastructure/operations engineering teams.
· Experience documenting server environments, networking, security, virtual platforms, and cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure).
· Experience documenting technical content for a developer audience, including documenting REST APIs. Experience testing API requests with Postman preferred.
· Familiarity with reading and writing code in 1-2 programming languages or other technical foundations. Experience with Python and Java preferred.
· Strong collaboration and listening skills. Demonstrated ability to learn, research, and articulate technical concepts and translate these elements into language that is accessible to a broad audience.
· Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task and manage priorities effectively, and work well as a part of a globally distributed team.
· Detail-oriented, with exceptional structuring, writing, editing, proof-reading, and verbal skills.
· A portfolio of task-based writing samples showing conceptual, procedural, and reference content.
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Communication, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
Kiteworks’ mission is to empower organizations to effectively manage risk in every send, share, receive, and save of sensitive content. To this end, we created a platform that delivers content governance, compliance, and protection to customers. The platform unifies, tracks, controls, and secures sensitive content moving within, into, and out of their organization, significantly improving risk management and ensuring regulatory compliance on all sensitive content communications
Perks and Benefits
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Referral Bonuses
- Stock equity -- every employee is granted stock options when they walk in the door
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Kiteworks is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join Kiteworks.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kiteworks does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have an active, signed agreement with Kiteworks.
Accellion USA, LLC
Get fresh Senior Technical Writer Remote jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.