Certification Bonus: $200 if you are currently certified as an RBT, BCAT, or ABAT.
Bilingual Bonus: $100 bonus if fluent in Spanish
Referral Bonus: $50 bonus per hired referral (conditions apply)
Rate: $16-$26/hour DOE
Hours: Part-time (primarily afternoons 3pm-7pm; though opportunities for morning and mid-day shifts)
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Reimbursement for parent-cancelled sessions (for eligible employees)
- Monthly bonus opportunities based on performance (after 90 days)
- Earned Paid Time Off/Vacation Time (for eligible employees)
- Regular training, support, and mentorship from ABT Supervisors
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Paid Sick Time
- Comprehensive initial & ongoing paid training
- Paid Drive Time & Mileage
- Paid certification (RBT, BCAT, or ABAT)
- Excellent opportunities for advancement
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance (for full-time employees)
- Retirement plan with employer matching (for eligible employees)
- BCBA supervision hours of BACB-approved Independent Fieldwork
- Tuition discounts with preferred partner universities
- Paid professional liability insurance (for eligible positions)
- Paid registration for professional conferences (up to $1000 for eligible employees)
- Company tablets to use for data collection
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB:
- Mentorship- your professional and personal growth ARE IMPORTANT TO US. We value mentorship, rather than management.
- Connectedness- you WILL have frequent contact with your supervisors and colleagues.
- Meaningful work- you WILL make a huge difference in a family’s life by teaching their special needs child.
- Great company culture- ABT is a FUN and ENERGETIC company that embraces the entrepreneurial spirit and CREATIVITY of our employees, as well as promotes a HEALTHY WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma/GED, but a Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, special education, or related field is highly preferred.
- Successful completion of fingerprinting, criminal history background check
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Ability to learn:
o Appropriate behavioral intervention strategies
o Learning theories and instructional methods
o Ethics, laws, and regulations of acceptable behavior interventions
o Developmental processes of children, adolescents, and adults
o Skills needed to manage crisis situations
o Technology, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ABT’s practice management software and data collection software
OTHER DESIRABLE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Assess situations and make proper judgments
- Understand behavioral situations and react accordingly in an ethical manner
- Respond quickly to emergency situations
- Communicate effectively and make recommendations to various agency staff and outside professionals, groups, or individuals
- Perform duties including maintain accurate client records and documenting your work
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form with a diverse group of clients, parents/caregivers, school personnel, and other agency staff
- Use a computer and software to prepare documents and maintain client records
- Work independently and make decisions within the framework of established guidelines
- Follow guidance from mentors to enhance own professional development
- Work with a diverse team of professionals in a respectful manner
- Provide direct behavioral services to clients in individual and group sessions
- Run skill acquisition programs with clients using Applied Behavior Analysis
- Collect daily data including SOAP notes
- Work with supervisors to implement individualized treatment plans
- Maintain respect and confidentiality for all clients
- Support caregivers with parent training goals per the direction of the supervisor
- Maintain and protect the well-being of your client during treatment sessions and if emergency crisis situations arise
- Collect data on personal performance using ABT’s scorecard system
- Other job duties as assigned by ABT administration
ABT is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, ABT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our mission is to develop people. The people we will develop are: 1) our patients; 2) their caregivers; and 3) our coworkers and colleagues. We will achieve this mission everyday by embracing a COMMITMENT TO DEVELOPING PEOPLE. Every interaction is an opportunity to develop someone else professionally, educationally, or developmentally. If we carry this COMMITMENT TO DEVELOPING PEOPLE into every interaction, we will achieve our stated objectives.
Acceleration Behavioral Therapies
Why Work Here?Acceleration Behavioral Therapies (ABT) is a behavioral health practice specializing in clinic-based diagnosis, assessment and treatment of Autism Spectrum and related disorders. ABT utilizes Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) technologies and a Person-Centered philosophy to provide meaningful and effective treatment for our patients and their families, in a cost-efficient manner on behalf of the funding sources. Our mission is to develop people. The people we will develop are: 1) our patients; 2) their caregivers; and 3) our coworkers and colleagues. We will achieve this mission everyday by embracing a COMMITMENT TO DEVELOPING PEOPLE. Every interaction is an opportunity to develop someone else professionally, educationally, or developmentally. If we carry this COMMITMENT TO DEVELOPING PEOPLE into every interaction, we will achieve our stated objectives.
Awesome work culture, great benefits, meaningful work, bonuses, opportunities for growth
San Fernando, CA