Math Content Coach
Acceleration Academies Homestead, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Acceleration Academies focuses on providing research-backed strategies for re-engaging and educating community students who have abandoned education before high school graduation. Acceleration Academies begins with assessment of specific academic needs of each individual, and ultimate development of research-backed strategies for meeting those academic needs—through personalized, face-to-face, blended learning and group instruction, delivered over flexible hours. Each student who attains content mastery earns a high school diploma from his or her original school district tuition-free and in accordance with all State and District requirements.
Position Title: Math Content Coach
Reports To: District Director
Location: Miami-Dade Acceleration Academies (Mainly the Central Miami location - Homestead no more than twice per week)
- Education: Bachelor's degree or higher
- Years of Experience: At least 1-3 years of relevant teaching experience (high school experience highly preferred)
- Certification: 6-12 Mathematics endorsement in the state of FL is required for this position. Dual-certified candidates in any other secondary subject area will receive immediate consideration.
- Background Check: Demonstration of a clear state and federal criminal history
- Bilingual - English & Spanish
Content Coaches serve as the primary learning resource for our Graduation Candidates (GC), collaborating within a team environment to (1) teach a competency-based blended curriculum in which GCs demonstrate proficiency through summative assessments, (2) develop supplemental lessons and provide interventions in which GCs demonstrate proficiency through formative assessments, and (3) ensure that every GC masters the content on the path to high school graduation and post-secondary success.
- Support new GC enrollment through recruitment and engagement efforts
- Assist with the development of Personalized Learning Plans for GCs
- Serve as an advisor for assigned GCs by facilitating communication between the learner and the GC support team, as well as monitoring attendance, academic progress, and overall wellness
- Plan and deliver content area instruction in individual and group settings and monitor GC progress toward course completion and content mastery
- Conduct formative and summative assessments to gauge GC academic progress
- Demonstrates skills in analyzing and using data for instructional decision-making
- Basic knowledge of IEP, ESE and ELL accommodations, document assistance with annual goals, short-term objectives, benchmarks, and participate in the appropriate meetings
- Provide remediation and enrichment opportunities for individual and groups of GCs
- Participate in the development and success of GC data meetings, Professional Development workshops, and other school/ community events
- Work closely with the GC) support team to develop a learning pathway, behavior, and transition plans (including incentives) to improve GC academic achievement.
- Participate in academy meetings and other community events
Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred).
- Basic understanding of behavior intervention strategies
- Experience working in a non-traditional school setting and/or with youth who may be considered at-risk
- Demonstrates a commitment and passion for supporting youth who have disengaged from a traditional school setting, by creating opportunities for academic and personal breakthroughs
- Strong understanding of and comfort with the use of technology in an educational setting.
- Experience with any of the following: project-based learning, instructional coaching, portfolio assessment, a competency-based education model, collaborative learning, integration of technology and cross-disciplinary learning, alternative assessments and integrating school to career experiences into the curriculum
- Demonstrates the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Adapts to changing conditions in a fast-paced setting
- Displays ability to diplomatically diffuse tension and deal with intense situations
- Communicates and builds relationships with internal and external constituencies
- Identifies and implements strategies to improve individual and group productivity and content mastery
- Uses excellent listening, observation, reading, verbal, nonverbal and writing skills
- Demonstrates superior time-management, organizational skills, and accurate record keeping
- Accepts personal responsibility and seeks feedback from colleagues and administration
- Respects personal privacy and maintains the confidentiality of privileged information
- Thorough knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Google Workspace, e.g., Gmail; Google drive, etc.
- Mobile technologies, e.g., smart phones, tablets, etc.
- Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Upholds Acceleration Academies’ policies and follows guidelines and procedures
- Develops positive rapport with staff, GCs, and the AA community
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment and Work Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is consistent with that of a collaborative school environment.
Acceleration Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. It is understood that other related duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all aspects of the position, described below satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EducationView all jobs at Acceleration Academies