Service Desk End User Support Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
What you would do here: The Accelerate Service Desk is an awesome place to grow your skills and keep our clients productive. Our team members are shocked at how much they grow in these positions. We are a managed services provider and our team interacts with client on a daily basis solving first and second-level support issues. You will troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity problems. You will be asked to solve basic and moderately complex end user and infrastructure service tickets submitted by small-to-medium sized business clients. You will get exposure to state of the art monitoring, ticketing, and documentation systems and work with a team of people who have your back and want to help you grow.
To be effective, you must have experience with technical support, be self-motivated, understand business, and have a passion for helping people.
What we look for in a team member:
- Excellent communication and listening skills and a desire to help people
- General business acumen that allows you to understand priorities and client risk
- Knowledge of technology service desk metrics and processes
- Two or more years of IT technical support or service desk experience
- Excellent attention to detail and issue documentation skills
- Highly collaborative, team player mindset
- Dedication to delivering quality solutions
What you already know and may have done:
- Worked on a help desk or service desk for an organization
- Deployed workstations and imaging solutions
- Tracked your time in a ticketing system
- Worked on current Windows client and server operating systems, client and server hardware
- Supported Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange/Office 365, Microsoft SQL, VMware, Hyper-V, firewalls, SANs, and have basic networking troubleshooting skills
- Worked on Macintosh and Linux operating systems and hardware
- Have used and/or supported cloud applications and hosting environments
Ideally you have:
- Bachelors degree, with a minimum of two years of experience in IT roles, information systems, systems analyst or related disciplines
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple clients simultaneously
- Experience working on cross-functional teams and projects to drive client improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new things
- ConnectWise experience
We were founded in 1995 based on the idea that IT solutions could really drive business performance, rather than being just a necessary expense in the budget of a company. We exist to empower organizations with business-driven technology solutions that allow them to work smarter, mitigate risk and reach their full potential. Our team huddles on the north side of Indianapolis and serves clients throughout Indiana and the US.
Accelerate, Inc. is a privately held company. The current leadership has several decades of IT and business ownership experience, and they have created a company culture of excellence and delivery. In fact, Accelerate won the distinction of one of the 2019 Best Places to Work in Indiana. The Accelerate team shares a servant mentality and strives to provide advice, solutions and delivery on time and within budget.
Accelerate provides IT services to hundreds of corporate, educational institutions, government entities, and not-for-profit clients throughout Indiana and the US and has been recognized as an industry leading business by many organizations over the past two decades. We have been the recipient of the Better Business Bureaus Torch Award for Ethics and are members of the Inc. 5000 and the Indianapolis Business Journals largest IT support firms in Indianapolis.
Our client retention is outstanding and we enjoy multiple clients that have worked with us non-stop since 1995. Check that against other IT companies!
The Accelerate culture is inspiring. The team genuinely enjoys their work and they enjoy each other. We have a family atmosphere that values people first and recognizes that we work to live, we dont live to work! The organization spends significant budget dollars on employee events and invests in driving a great place to work. The benefits are strong for the size of company and if theres ever a company cookout, its the owners at the grill! The vibe of the team is to stay very focused on client delivery, but we arent afraid to have a bit of fun along the way.
People matter we care about the people we work with and the people we work for
Ethics matter were going to do it the right way or were not going to do it at all
Service matters We are passionate about providing an outstanding client experience
Accelerate hires for culture fit over technical skills and experience. If you have the aptitude and attitude, we can help you grow your career through training, mentoring, increasing responsibility, and being around other rock star employees.
Learn more at http://www.acceleratetech.net
TechnologyView all jobs at Accelerate, Inc