Accel at Longmont is actively seeking a Social Worker to join our team. As a Social Worker, you will be a member of the facility's interdisciplinary team. The Social Worker participates in care planning and coordinates referrals to other healthcare providers and facilitates the development of resident discharge plans. The Social Worker also coordinates self-governing resident and family councils.
- Coordinates all admissions to the facility. This includes re-admissions, room moves and patient inquires.
- Coordinates all discharges. Discharge plans should be written and include involvement with family and community services, as appropriate.
- May be required to coordinate resident and family member grievances and acts as the resident advocate, when necessary.
Social Worker Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work is required
- At least one year of supervised experience in a healthcare setting working directly with clients/residents; skilled nursing facility experience preferred
- Ability to plan, organize and implement social service programs for residents with varying needs
- Current knowledge of state and federal laws applicable to social work in long-term care
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills