COMPETITIVE PAY AND BENEFITS STATE OF THE ART FACILITY!!!
The Heavy Equipment Technician is responsible for performing repairs on light and heavy trucks and buses.
· Observes and listens to trucks and/or buses in operation to determine malfunctions.
· Complete PM’s and troubleshooting issues on all operating systems on trucks and buses
· Reads manuals, uses hand tools, power tools to perform repairs and maintenance to electrical systems, power
transmissions, brakes, drivelines and other automotive systems to perform repair work
· Assists in removing tires for repair
· Performs accurate service data entry on all services performed
· Operates mobile equipment as needed
· Delivers technical advice to Drivers and other operators.
· Maintains parts inventory and orders supplies as needed
· May make service calls at other plants or emergency roadside repairs as needed
· Communicates/directs co-workers through hand signals and two-way radio
· Performs general clean-up of work areas
· Follows safety policies and procedures as written
· Performs other duties as required
Minimum Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or Equivalent GED required
· Minimum 2 years Heavy Automotive Equipment Maintenance Experience
· Trade School or related mechanical / technical certification preferred
· Commercial Driver License (CDL) and safe driving record is a strong plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of repair and maintenance of diesel engines, hydraulics, electrical, power transmissions, brakes, drivelines and other automotive systems to perform repair work
· Ability to read and write in English
· 40 hours per week and overtime on an as needed basis