Accel Robotics (AR) is a leader in the frictionless retail technology market, headquartered in San Diego. Our solutions combine store design and deployment, computing and hardware access, store applications, and AI-as-a-service components. AR bundles all of this as a service to retailers, offering consumers a simple, fast and reliable retail experience, and retailers an opportunity to extend their reach and brand exposure through new and innovative store formats.
As the Technical Support Manager at AR, you will help us develop and evolve our support capability, offering both Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to customers in North America and Internationally. You will be responsible for the implementation of new technical support tools and procedures, integrating seamlessly with key partners and vendors. The Technical Support Manager will be very hands-on in the early stages, driving every aspect of the support infrastructure (people, process and technology), owning and bringing customer support requests to full resolution, and building/training a team of support engineers/representatives as our business scales.
- Establish bold Technical Support KPI’s and Metrics and a roadmap of people, process and technology enhancements to accomplish them:
- Establish requirements, lead and conclude the selection of an internal support tool
- Document support processes
- Collaborate closely with internal, cross-functional teams, driving efforts to optimize internal operations, improve efficiency of all support procedures to increase client satisfaction and minimize internal costs.
- Build upon existing store telemetry, performance dashboards and notification systems to ensure rapid resolution, hence mitigating business impacts for our customers
- Act as support representative, handling inbound requests on timely basis, and ensuring adequate escalation and resolution, learning from first-hand experience to continuously improve our support procedures.
- Manage major operation outages, maintenance windows and proactive communications with customers
- Work closely with clients and their store operations/support staff to understand and anticipate their needs, tailor our documentation, dashboards and overall support infrastructure over time
- Work closely with the Delivery team to ensure the seamless hand-off of new store launches into the support team and framework, and to identify and pursue ongoing store and client/business optimization initiatives
- Be an expert on our products and technology, helping ensure the ongoing accuracy and completeness of internal and external knowledge base documentation
- Develop and oversee the onboarding, product certification, and professional development of Support Representatives and Engineers
- Gather and Analyze data on support issues and metrics, high level customer problems with respect to technical, business, and operational areas and offer recommendations for product and delivery process improvements.
- Advocate for bold, internal improvements across all functions that can benefit customer satisfaction, account growth/sales, and/or support efficiencies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent mix of education and experience
- 8+ years of experience in Technical support (as representative or engineer) with 3+ of those in a support leadership/management role.
- Strong customer advocate that is passionate about delivering customer success
- Experience with building and continuously improving customer support processes, for 24/7 and International time zones
- Proven experience and results developing internal and client-facing training and documentation, knowledge-bases, troubleshooting guides and more
- Knowledge of common AWS services and management procedures
- Experience designing, configuring and maintaining monitoring dashboards
- Experience in Continuous Integration / Deployment procedures
- Ability to work and communicate at all levels, driving the right conversations with technology teams, customers and business partners alike
- Experience working in or with retail businesses is strongly preferred
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, unlimited PTO, and a fun, engaging work environment with exposure to cutting-edge technology.
Accel Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.