Accel Robotics is a rapidly growing startup based in San Diego, CA, developing frictionless retail solutions. We are searching for a Senior Systems Engineer who uses automated and hands on solutions to ensure our products reliably achieve the functionality our customers, stakeholders, and shoppers expect.
As a Sr Systems Engineer at AR, you are part of an interdisciplinary team that works with all parts of our organization to unravel challenges and improve our software and hardware system functionality. Our Systems engineering team relies on a methodical, disciplined approach to design, realization, and deployment. You will have the opportunity to piece together different integration points and map testing against system requirements. Our Systems Engineers have a deep understanding of the requirements of the product and become the internal subject matter expert and point of contact for product features or releases.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential failure/bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Perform validation testing as well as operations risk assessment on new features as well as overall store solutions
- Create detailed test plans based upon product/feature specifications and perform testing
- Manage system integration and issue reporting, coordinating with Quality and Software teams to facilitate defect review boards
- Assist other departments in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system testing efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary
- Work with project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Partner with other teams to ensure coordination across functional areas and sometimes external vendors, for problem resolution
- Create best practices and processes for testing and system integration
- Coordinate with different teams, conducting testing and evaluation of our product designs
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Realization of full systems product release/life cycle management to ensure quality and reliability
- Be proactive about challenges or constraints within a project and seek to manage them accordingly
- Balance the trade-off of system design specifications and interfaces, determine feasibility of potential solutions, and lead technical & design reviews
Required Skills & Experience
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 5+ years experience working with complex products or software in a testing or production environment
- Strong Linux command line skills
- Experience using Docker in a development or testing environment
- Python experience, including writing scripts
- Familiarity with Github or another source control system
- Experience utilizing Jira or a similar system for Issue Tracking
- Agile development environment experience (Scrum or Kanban)
- Experience working with AWS (or another Linux based cloud platform) and Ansible
- Optical system experience is a plus
- Additional programming language experience is helpful
- Experience troubleshooting and working across teams to find solutions; move things forward to achieve solutions
- Experience working with technical and non-technical teams to translate business and technical problems
- Detail Oriented with strong organizational skills
- Sense of ownership and a continuous drive for learning
If this sounds like you, we look forward to learning more about how your experience would be a great fit to our team!
Accel Robotics offers a generous benefits package to our team:
- Company lunches, snacks, and team happy hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company equity, through stock options
- Generous PTO
- Generous benefits package, including free medical, dental and vision for our employees and their dependents
- Collaborative culture and flexible work environment
Accel Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why Work Here?Accel Robotics is a leader in the frictionless retail technology market. We use AI and computer vision to enable labor-light retail models for leading retailers across existing and emerging store formats. AR’s solutions combine store structure design and deployment, computing and camera hardware access, store application, and AI-as-a-service components.
Growth Stage Company working together to innovate and solve interesting problems.
San Diego, CA