Accel Robotics is a rapidly growing startup in the exciting space of automated retail, located in San Diego, California. We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer who will interpret the defined customer and stakeholder needs and essential functionality to ensure that the product created meets those needs in a reliable manner. This individual will be a part of an interdisciplinary area of engineering that centers around on how to design and manage composite systems over the product life cycle.
System engineering relies on a methodical, disciplined approach to design, realization, and deployment. At the core, the Senior Systems Engineer helps in the coordination of different teams, testing, and evaluation for the development of design and its implementation for the best output.
The Senior Systems Engineer will often work together with a project manager and the developers and becomes the primary point of communication to interlink between the two to simplify the accomplishment of a successful system. The systems engineer will also work through testing each phase of the given system and process. Performing validation, operation and risk assessment, a Senior System Engineer concentrates on improvements, performance, and overseeing testing.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential failure/bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Create detailed test plans based upon product/feature specifications and perform testing
- Manage system integration and issue reporting including facilitating defect review boards
- Realization of full systems product release/life cycle management to ensure quality and reliability
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary
- Assist other departments in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Establish milestones for necessary contributions from departments and develop processes to facilitate their collaboration
- Partner with other teams to ensure coordination across functional areas and sometimes external vendors, for problem resolution
- Create best practices and processes for testing and system integration
- Be proactive about challenges or constraints within a project and seek to manage them accordingly
- Balance the trade-off of system design specifications and interfaces, determines feasibility of potential solutions, and leads technical & design reviews
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to convey plans and directions in an effective and concise manner
- Project management experience, conflict resolution
- Experience in designing experiments, collecting data and drawing conclusions (DOE)
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Big picture approach to problems
- Willingness to jump in when a risk or weakness is detected
- Customer focused approach to resolving problems and managing projects
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to track to a project plan
Education and Experience:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5+ years experience working with complex products or software in a testing or production environment
- Experience testing both software and hardware
- Experience in the use of system engineering tools such as use scenarios, context/interface diagrams
- Experience creating automated tests and performing system validation
- Experience working with embedded software/systems
- Experience debugging code in Python
- Prefer experience with Java, Groovy and/or C++
- Experience working with an issue tracking system, such as JIRA
- Working in a fast-paced, agile, diverse, multi-cultural environment
Accel Robotics offers a generous benefits package to our team:
- Company lunches, snacks, and team happy hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company equity, through stock options
- Generous PTO
- Generous benefits package, including free medical, dental and vision for our employees and their dependents
- Collaborative culture and flexible work environment
Accel Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why Work Here?Accel Robotics is a leader in the frictionless retail technology market. We use AI and computer vision to enable labor-light retail models for leading retailers across existing and emerging store formats. AR’s solutions combine store structure design and deployment, computing and camera hardware access, store application, and AI-as-a-service components.
Growth Stage Company working together to innovate and solve interesting problems.
San Diego, CA