Full-Time Software Tester
Accel Robotics is an automated retail startup located in San Diego. We are looking for full-time testers to perform simulated shopping scenarios in our warehouse in Kearny Mesa. You will be working as part of our QA team to carry out shopping actions in our development stores, monitor and report system behavior, and help with assorted other testing tasks; thereby helping our team of AI, computer vision, and machine learning scientists and engineers to ensure the quality and reliability of the software that is developed so that it may be deployed at scale in the field.
- Execute test plans. Typical tests involve 3-4 hours of QA test shopping in our development stores.
- Follow checklist of pre-test and post-test verification to confirm tests can be done and were done correctly.
- Improve test plans which involves interaction with hardware components (IoT structures), including edge cases involving shopper behavior.
- Report results to the appropriate teams (Hardware, Middleware, Web Applications, Computer Vision, Product, etc).
- Report abnormalities to the QA and engineering team (payment system malfunction, etc).
- Replicate and triage customer issues through internal and field testing when necessary.
- Verify fixes are applied by executing targeted tests on the store’s physical components.
- Provide suggestions to improve testing experience for other test shoppers and overall QA process.
- Participate in daily (scrum) standups to discuss daily & weekly priorities, and other tasks as they arise.
- Experience with testing involving physical hardware components
- High attention to detail to spot issues engineers miss
- No software development experience required
- Transportation to our location in Kearny Mesa
- Some experience with basic Linux commands (checking logs, memory)
- Some experience writing documentation and test plans (websites, apps, etc)
- Bug reporting