Accel Robotics is a San Diego based start up focused on creating cashierless stores for our retailer clients. We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team. We hire intelligent, insightful individuals to push our cutting edge technology and build reliable solutions to meet the updated needs for faster, more accessible stores. Our organization has grown quickly over the last 9 months, to support rapid roll-out of cutting edge, dependable stores.
We are looking for a well-rounded Mechanical Engineer with experience designing for high volume manufacturing. We look for empowered individuals who take ownership and look for ways to improve our products with cost and reliability in mind. In this role you will work with a team of talented Mechanical Engineers, split between San Diego and Tokyo, creating solutions that will be prototyped on site and scaled for off-site high volume manufacturing.
Our Mechanical Engineers work closely with various teams to create hardware solutions to support the latest technologies in computer vision, AI and machine learning. Our team develops retrofit and custom shelving, shelf accessories, physical store creation and next generation solutions necessary for building an autonomous store. We are focused on developing custom sensing solutions for smart retail spaces - utilizing IoT smart networks.
- CAD skills
- Creation of 3D models using appropriate engineering tools
- Researched and selected materials and OTS parts appropriate for the design
- In depth knowledge in the generation of 2D engineering drawings documenting assembly and component design intent
- Working knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5M and tolerance analysis and statistical process control (Cp, CpK)
- Experience in using PDM/PLM systems
- Demonstrated working knowledge of heat transfer and cooling of electrical components
- Ability to generate engineering calculations and correlate to experimental data (thermal and stress)
- Experience designing a part for high-volume manufacturing (plastic mold and/or sheet metal)
- Work with electronic or sensor packaging, including cameras/lidar
- Collaboration with vendors and off-shore contractors
- Data collection, statistical quality control, ISO9000 design
- Real world experience with design and execution of experiments
- Work with technicians and operators to improve on prototype designs
- Experience with design for applications with thermal considerations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant subject matter, or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 5+ years as a Mechanical Engineer, consumer/industrial product development, medical devices or the like
- Experience with ANSYS, SolidWorks, SolidWorks PDM, and FEA software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Accel Robotics offers competitive compensation, company equity, unlimited PTO, company lunches, and a generous benefits package, including free medical, dental and vision for our employees and their dependents. The AR team is proud of our collaborative culture, in an engaging work environment that allows for exposure to cutting-edge technology.
Accel Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why Work Here?Accel Robotics is a leader in the frictionless retail technology market. We use AI and computer vision to enable labor-light retail models for leading retailers across existing and emerging store formats. AR’s solutions combine store structure design and deployment, computing and camera hardware access, store application, and AI-as-a-service components.
Growth Stage Company working together to innovate and solve interesting problems.
San Diego, CA