Accel Robotics (AR) is a leader in the frictionless retail technology market, headquartered in San Diego. Our solutions combine store design and deployment, computing and hardware access, store applications, and AI-as-a-service components, all in service to offering consumers a simple, fast and reliable retail experience, and retailers an opportunity to extend their reach and brand exposure through new and innovative store formats.
As the Implementation Engineering Lead at AR, you will lead a team of implementation engineers to deploy and support new frictionless stores for our customers across North America and internationally. As a leader for the team, you are focused on de-risking, accelerating and supporting a larger quantity of installations. You and your team will drive an aggressive roadmap of improvements to our implementation procedures, tools, training and more, and provide input into our product/tech roadmaps to optimize future product iterations.
You and your team are client-facing, involved on projects from pre-sales, all the way through the final installation and activation of the stores, and will occasionally collaborate on complex and/or urgent support issues.
- Partner closely with the Project Managers on all store deployment projects right from the get-go, offering technical consulting and support along the way
- Communicate with customers, vendors and internal team members to gather, vet and document technical requirements for the stores.
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of our products with the ability to explain them to others.
- Oversee resource planning and management tailored to the store/project requirements, ensuring feasibility, rigorous technical planning and in turn, minimizing risk at all times.
- Complete software integrations required for stores, including IoT store fixtures and back-end systems, ensuring full quality validation
- Be present during store installations to oversee and participate in the store deployment activities, including hardware installation, software setup and calibration, end-to-end testing, while laser-focused on meeting all quality and compliance standards, on time
- Manage resourcing for all installations, assigning IE to projects based on timing, location, and other criteria
- Building and maintaining relationships with local contractors, providing ongoing training to ensure they adhere to and represent AR’s high-bar for quality and professionalism.
- Establish detailed and rigorous documentation for all aspects of the IE role(s) and responsibilities, ensuring smooth collaboration and coordination with Project managers, Support technicians, sales, customers and partners alike.
- Drive ongoing efforts to de-risk and accelerate store deployments by:
- Finding new/creative solutions, testing and documenting them
- Developing and optimizing internal process documentation and artifacts
- Providing feedback to product development teams that will make future versions of our products easier/faster/safer to deploy
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to operationalize new features and products.
- Provide broad visibility on status, progress and risks across projects consistently, exposing critical decision points and bringing all key contributors along every step of the way
- 5+ years of experience in similar client-facing roles, with responsibility over and hands-on experience with technical software and/or hardware implementations
- 3+ years of experience in management, leading a similar capability and team with proven business results
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field
- Willing to travel, including internationally (up to 25%)
- Experience creating networking and electrical diagrams
- Familiarity with software and hardware development processes
- Experience with Linux
- Familiarity with Python or C++ preferred
- Comfortable using power tools, working on ladders, and being on construction sites
- Ability to work and communicate at all levels, driving the right conversations with technology teams, customers and business partners alike.
We have an amazing team of positive, highly motivated team members and would love to have you consider joining the Accel Robotics team! This role is based in our San Diego office, and will involve in-office and client visits, employing our strict Safety Protocols.
AR offers a generous benefits package:
- Company lunches, snacks, and team happy hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company equity, through stock options
- Generous PTO
- Generous benefits package, including free medical, dental and vision for our employees and their dependents
- Collaborative culture and flexible work environment
Accel Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why Work Here?Accel Robotics is a leader in the frictionless retail technology market. We use AI and computer vision to enable labor-light retail models for leading retailers across existing and emerging store formats. AR’s solutions combine store structure design and deployment, computing and camera hardware access, store application, and AI-as-a-service components.
Growth Stage Company working together to innovate and solve interesting problems.
San Diego, CA