Accel Robotics (AR) is a leader in the frictionless retail technology market, headquartered in San Diego. Our solutions combine store design and deployment, computing and hardware access, store applications, and AI-as-a-service components, all in service to offering consumers a simple, fast and reliable retail experience, and retailers an opportunity to extend their reach and brand exposure through new and innovative store formats.
As an internal Implementation/Delivery Engineer at AR, you will work with a team to deploy new frictionless stores for our customers across North America and internationally. You will partner closely with project managers and engineers to ensure our stores are installed, tested and certified rigorously and efficiently. You will be involved throughout the project lifecycle, vetting requirements for feasibility, and finding new/innovative solutions to unique customer requirements. Along the way, you will drive constant improvements to our delivery and installation procedures, and provide invaluable feedback to improve AR products and services.
- Partner closely with the Project Managers on all store deployment projects right from the get-go, offering technical consulting and support along the way
- Interact with customers, vendors and internal team members to gather, vet and document technical requirements for the stores
- Oversee resource planning and management tailored to the store/project requirements, ensuring feasibility, rigorous technical planning and in turn, minimizing risk at all times.
- Deliver electrical & networking designs to address unique store requirements, collaborating with internal experts as needed
- Work with the appropriate internal teams and/or vendors to ensure quality and timely delivery of custom solutions
- Be present during store installations to oversee and participate in the store deployment activities, including hardware installation, software setup and calibration, end-to-end testing, while laser-focused on meeting all quality and compliance standards, on time.
- Support ongoing efforts to de-risk and accelerate store deployments by:
- Finding new/creative solutions, testing and documenting them
- Developing and optimizing internal process documentation and artifacts
- Providing feedback to product development teams that will make future versions of our products easier/faster/safer to deploy
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of our products and solutions with the ability to explain them to others at any altitude
- Provide broad visibility on status, progress and risks for your assigned projects consistently, exposing critical decision points and bringing all key contributors along every step of the way
- Work closely with our support team and participate in troubleshooting and issue escalation for stores you’re most familiar with, leveraging learning from incidents to refine the deployment process over time
- Lead and mentor new and/or junior members of the Delivery Engineering team, delegating responsibilities effectively.
- 3+ years of experience in similar client-facing roles, with responsibility over and hands-on experience with technical software and/or hardware implementations
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field
- Willing to travel, including internationally (up to 25%)
- Experience creating networking and electrical diagrams
- Familiarity with software and hardware development processes
- Experience with Linux
- Familiarity with Python or C++
- Comfortable using power tools, working on ladders, and being on construction sites
- Ability to work and communicate at all levels, driving the right conversations with technology teams, customers and business partners alike.
Accel Robotics offers competitive compensation and benefits, unlimited PTO, and a fun, engaging work environment with exposure to cutting-edge technology.
Accel Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.