Accel Robotics (AR), a San Diego based leader in the frictionless retail technology market, is searching for a full-time Corporate Counsel to join our growing team. AR has set out to create the world’s most convenient stores, by delivering the most effective solutions for retailers, and being fanatical about making sure the shopper’s journey and experience is seamless. Our solutions combine store structure design and deployment, computing and camera hardware access, store application, and AI-as-a-service components, all in service to offering consumers a simple, fast and reliable retail experience, and retailers an opportunity to extend their reach and brand exposure through new and innovative store formats.
Our Corporate Counsel will provide strategic and tactical legal support in our business negotiations and contractual agreements, continue to extend our IP portfolio, and guide the organization’s regulatory compliance. As a partner to our CEO and Business Development team, our Corporate Counsel enables AR to work with our partners, clients, suppliers and retailers around the world.
- Contract Development, Review and Maintenance:
- Own and review Master Service Agreement, as well as one-off contracts, to protect company for consulting, contracting deals, and vendor/supplier agreements
- Negotiate standard contracts, lease, and purchase agreements
- Structure Software and Hardware technology licensing agreements
- Maintain Corporate Governance, obtaining Board Consent, etc, working with outside counsel, as needed
- Oversee international compliance with new clients, partners and our international offices, bringing in local counsel as needed
- Consult on Construction Licensing agreements
- Coordinate and continue to build our IP Portfolio, working closely with our CTO, Engineering team, and outside counsel
- Execute agreements for key partnership deals, structuring with strategic growth in mind
- Work hand in hand with Hardware Compliance lead to support product launch within multiple countries
- 5+ years of experience working with corporate legal issues
- Experience in software or other technology licensing;
- Experience with Hardware licensing/leasing is a plus
- Compliance experience, especially multi-jurisdictional (multi-national) contracts
We have an amazing team of positive, highly motivated team members and would love to have you consider joining the Accel Robotics team. This role is based in our San Diego office, and will work from home, for the near future.
AR offers a generous benefits package:
- Company lunches, snacks, and team happy hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company equity, through stock options
- Generous PTO
- Generous benefits package, including free medical, dental and vision for our employees and their dependents
- Collaborative culture and flexible work environment
Accel Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why Work Here?Accel Robotics is a leader in the frictionless retail technology market. We use AI and computer vision to enable labor-light retail models for leading retailers across existing and emerging store formats. AR’s solutions combine store structure design and deployment, computing and camera hardware access, store application, and AI-as-a-service components.
Growth Stage Company working together to innovate and solve interesting problems.
San Diego, CA