Human Resources Generalist
Accel International Meriden, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental
Are you looking for an engaging career in human resources? Do you enjoy learning and being challenged? Want to be a part of a great team and an exciting culture? Then come join the growing team at Accel!
Headquartered in Meriden, CT we are a fast growing manufacturer of high performance conductors for the aerospace, medical, telecommunications, and other industries. We have state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Connecticut and Indiana, with expansion plans across the US.
We have an immediate opening for a self-motivated and a results-oriented HR professional to join our growing organization. This demanding and challenging position reports to the VP of Human Resources in managing all aspects of Human Resources in a multi-shift manufacturing operation in Meriden, CT. The HR Generalist will support the areas of recruiting and staffing, benefits administration, records management, timekeeping, worker's compensation, safety, payroll, event planning, and other areas as required.
- Screen, recruit, and interview potential employees
- On-board and train new employees
- Implement company culture, values and policies
- Provide management with requested reports and documents
- Coordinate events focused on employee recognition
- Accurately maintain employee files
- Administer bi-weekly payroll
- Administer all benefits and insurance programs
- Maintain accurate time-keeping for all employees
- Maintain electronic employee information board with pertinent information for all employees
- Assist and/or lead in creation and implementation of training and development programs
- Assist and/or lead in creation, implementation and revision of policies and procedures
- Coordinate Health & Safety orientation program for new employees and continuing education with present employees.
- Reporting and recording all work-related injuries, as well as maintaining the OSHA 301 Log and file.
- Incident investigations and corrective actions.
- Coordinate safety committee meetings
- Compliance with OSHA and other outside agency requirements.
- Implement and maintain the emergency measure plan.
- Write and post incident, inspection, and other reports.
- Plan improvements aimed at reducing and preventing environmental and health risks.
- Promote environment protection and continued improvement practices.
- Additional tasks as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field is required
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Human Resources, and at least 2 years of experience in an administrative role
- Strong proficiency in all MS Office applications
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws
- Ability to build rapport with all employees
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to effectively manage multiple requests and tasks
Soft skills that will set you apart:
- Ability to successfully prioritize a "full plate" and shifting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced, high performance environment. Prior experience in a "start-up" culture is a big plus!
508 N Colony StMeriden, CT
BusinessView all jobs at Accel International