Audit Manager / Senior Auditor
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Audit Manager or Senior Auditor
Accavallo & Company, LLC is seeking an experienced Audit Manager or Senior Auditor to join our growing and established firm. This position is currently open in our Shelton office. Audit Seniors/Managers can perform most engagements with little or no supervision. They direct and review the work of staff accountants and are capable of making decisions on most accounting and auditing matters.
- Complete understanding and ability to follow the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Possess technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff accountants.
- Proficient at accounting and auditing research including a working knowledge of the reference sources available to the firm.
- Possess a working knowledge of firm technology, including the use of computers, email, and the Internet; and the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, UltraTax, ProSystem Engagement and PowerPoint; and firm tax preparation and time and billing software.
- Evaluate the performance of staff accountants / auditors.
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise the various phases of an audit engagement.
- Monitor in-house and external deadlines to ensure compliance.
- Involves work in the firm’s office or on the client’s premises. Work on the client’s premises may require the use of the staff member’s personal car.
- Must present a positive public image that enhances the client’s perception of the employee and the firm as a whole.
- Heavy overtime work is required from February 1 through April 15 (“busy season”) and may be in excess of 55 hours per week. Additional policies may be put into effect during busy season, i.e., no vacation or non-emergency-related personal time away from the office.
- Senior accountants normally have a minimum of three years’ experience as a staff accountant (or equivalent experience as deemed appropriate by the partners).
- Senior accountants must have at least a college undergraduate degree and must meet the requirements to sit for the CPA exam.
- Ability to work independently on assigned task as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Able to work effectively with staff members, supervisors, mangers, and clients.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and present in a structured manner to a member of higher staff or client.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and manage several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills; and the ability to interact professionally with outside contacts. Examples of outside contacts include, but are not limited to clients and client personnel, government agency officials and bankers.
- Should be detail-oriented, have good organizational skills and possess the ability to prioritize
If you are interested, please send your resume directly to email@example.com.
Accavallo & Company LLCWhy Work Here?
Accavallo & Company LLC is a team-oriented growing firm. We offer generous compensation/benefits packages and an upbeat working environment.
Accavallo & Company is proud of its team-oriented culture. Our employees work together in a cohesive environment to provide exceptional service to our clients. We offer training programs along with experience in various industries, facets, and roles in accounting and consulting services to broaden every employee and the team overall.
1000 Bridgeport AvenueShelton, CT
Finance and Insurance