Sr. Mechanical Drafter (CREO - Aerospace/Defense)
- Posted: over a month ago
Acara Solutions, one of the Nation's largest aerospace staffing organizations is helping our national aerospace & defense client find a Sr. Mechanical Drafter to join their organization as a salaried direct employee. The employee will need to live in the Seattle region (they are located on the East side of Lake WA) and be onsite 3 days a week (hybrid schedule).
Works directly with the Design Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers and Test Engineers to develop detailed, multi-view drawings, of parts, subassemblies and top-level assemblies. Identifies general and technical notes and specifications for equipment and parts by using engineering data and standard references. Applies advanced Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing to drawings. Creates preliminary and final sketches of rough layout drawings, projects, systems and assemblies using computer-assisted design drafting equipment. Supports the engineering department in technical writing and configuration management.
- Utilize Creo to draft detailed, multi-view drawings, of machine parts and assemblies.
- Performs engineering verification of all detail and assembly engineering drawings as well as design concepts prior to release to the engineering community.
- Author technical work instructions to support both development and production programs. Technical guidance will be supplied by the Development and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Process change request for all engineering documentation, this includes, but not limited to, drawing, specifications, work instructions and test procedures.
- Formally releases all development and production level drawings, work instructions, test plans, engineering specifications in the configuration management system.
- A thorough knowledge in computer aided drafting practices within a 3-Dimensional parametric modeling.
- Thorough knowledge of traditional manufacturing practices and achievable tolerances.
- Full understanding on how to create detailed drawings per ASME Y14.5.1 2019.
- Full understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing per ASME Y14.37 2019
Required Skills / Qualifications:
Min 7 years of experience in Mechanical Design/Drafting
Min 3 years of experience with CREO (PRO/E)
Min 1 year of experience working with Windchill PDM and IFS preferred
Min 1 year of experience with Product Data Management
Min 3 years with MS Office Suite
U.S. Government Contractor - U.S. Citizenship required with no dual citizenships
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Acara Solutions