Acara Solutions is hiring a contract Sr. Java Software Engineer in San Diego, CA.
Job Summary: Performs complex software engineering assignments. Provides technical guidance and leadership. Provides project coordination and supervision. Coordinates activities for proposals/new business. Defines budget and schedule constraints. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision -making authority.
Essential Job Duties and :
• Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs. Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations.
• Participates in the design, development, planning modification and/or improvement of software systems in accordance with engineering procedures.
• Researches programming system failures and designs and programs solutions. Performs complex analysis of design programming.
• Conceptualizes, develops and analyzes engineering designs, specifications and test plans for systems and advanced technology theory and knowledge.
• Coordinates and contributes to compilation and writing of proposal documents. Prepares design proposals to reflect cost, schedules and technical approaches.
• Recommends test control, strategies, apparatus and equipment. Defines test schedules and test data requirements. Test and documents results.
• Prepares and develops software, codes software and design specific enhancements.
• Maintains liaison with the customers, coordinators, subcontractors and vendor representatives.
• Conducts in -House design reviews and technical meetings. Makes presentations before management and customers.
• Monitors project status and progress and measure system performance.
• Keeps abreast of improvements in software engineering. Identifies software engineering process improvement and supports the execution of them across the organization.
• Provides mentorship to junior engineering staff.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
-Bachelors degree plus a minimum of five years of related experience
-5 years experience to include specification, design and development of software systems.
-Requires experience Java 8, Ssprintboot, Hibernate, Oracle/SQL, Rest API development
-Requires proficiency using programming languages such as Java, “C/C++/C#,” Product Lifecycle Management, graphics and other developmental software.
-Ability to use PC software Microsoft Word/Project/Visio, database, spreadsheet and flowchart, and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools.
-Effective written and oral communication skills required.
-Able to analyze and solve complex software engineering problems.
-Able to prioritize work and complete multiple tasks under deadline and budget guidelines.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
-May require ability to develop software in a Unix, Windows Server 2003/2008/Vista/XP/Windows 7 and up, Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) or other PC environment.
-May require experience with embedded processing.
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron?s strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F -1 OPT STEM work authorization status.
Acara understands that finding that rewarding next step along your career path can be challenging. We also understand the legwork that goes into being your career advocate. Our award-winning recruiters focus on the candidate experience, getting to know you and your goals, both long- and short-term. They get to know your skills and your growth trajectory so that they not only can represent you in front of our more than 1,000 customers with opportunities across North America, but also connect you with the best-fit role. After all, optimal workforce experiences come when employees are matched with companies who need—and value—their skills and contributions.
That’s why, for over 60 years, we’ve engaged our candidates with a high-touch, consultative approach that affords us a clear vision of ideal career paths, and it’s why we consistently gain the trust of our employees and customers alike. Acara is in the business of scouting talent, evaluating human potential, recognizing commonalities between people and employers, and changing lives in the process. Because in an increasingly commoditized world, we believe some things still deserve a personal touch. Finding the best-fit jobs for you is one of them.