Manufacturing Technician 2
Acara Solutions Beltsville, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Client leads the industry in solid rocket propulsion systems, satellite components and subsystems, lightweight space deployables and solar arrays.
- We are constantly pushing the boundaries of our nation's capabilities in space.
- Seeking candidates to fill a Mechanical Technician position for our Beltsville, MD.
- Candidate will provide mechanical technician support for the manufacturing of integrated products in our structures assembly and layup area.
- Candidates will be able to communicate well and have the ability and drive to learn quickly.
- This is a craftsmanship role and candidates must be conscientious and take pride in their work while demonstrating a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of honeycomb panel fabrication or aerospace mechanical assembly experience.
- Candidates will need to be mechanically skilled and highly experienced in assembly/bonding operations on complex space flight hardware using multiple adhesives.
- Mechanical aptitude to include the ability to read and interpret drawings
- Attention to detail with a focus on quality workmanship
- Familiar with hand tools and good math/geometry skills.
- Candidate must be able to read and follow written manufacturing instructions and technical procedures.
- Operate equipment such as hand tools and power machinery for processing metals, composites and wood.
- Lead technicians and supervisor to meet build requirements and schedules within allotted budgets.
- Computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Previous fabrication (honeycomb panel) experience in aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Experience preparing/mixing epoxy and silicone adhesives for mechanical and thermal component installation in honeycomb panels and aluminum skins.
- Experience handling of hazardous materials in accordance with OSHA and industry standards
- Successful candidates will need to be a team player with a strong desire to work in a fast
-paced, professional environment
- Ability to follow instructions, plan work, and manage time appropriately
- Ability to follow safety procedures
- Detail oriented
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Demonstrates high level of concern for safety of self and others.
- Willing to work flexible schedules as needed to meet delivery dates
- Ability to be prompt for shift work
- Willing to work with a positive attitude
-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.
That’s why, for over 60 years, we’ve engaged our candidates with a high-touch, consultative approach that affords us a clear vision of ideal career paths, and it’s why we consistently gain the trust of our employees and customers alike. Acara is in the business of scouting talent, evaluating human potential, recognizing commonalities between people and employers, and changing lives in the process. Because in an increasingly commoditized world, we believe some things still deserve a personal touch. Finding the best-fit jobs for you is one of them.
Acara SolutionsWhy Work Here?
This company offers a career path in a growing industry including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and PTO.
Acara understands that finding that rewarding next step along your career path can be challenging. We also understand the legwork that goes into being your career advocate. Our award-winning recruiters focus on the candidate experience, getting to know you and your goals, both long- and short-term. They get to know your skills and your growth trajectory so that they not only can represent you in front of our more than 1,000 customers with opportunities across North America, but also connect you with the best-fit role. After all, optimal workforce experiences come when employees are matched with companies who need—and value—their skills and contributions. That’s why, for over 60 years, we’ve engaged our candidates with a high-touch, consultative approach that affords us a clear vision of ideal career paths, and it’s why we consistently gain the trust of our employees and customers alike. Acara is in the business of scouting talent, evaluating human potential, recognizing commonalities between people and employers, and changing lives in the process. Because in an increasingly commoditized world, we believe some things still deserve a personal touch. Finding the best-fit jobs for you is one of them.