ACADIAN KITCHENS LLC is seeking an experienced Vice President of Sales & Marketing to lead the private equity backed Cajun and Creole food company’s aggressive growth plan.
Based in Broussard, Louisiana (suburb of Lafayette) Acadian Kitchens LLC is the holding company formed in 2017 to acquire Southern Seasonings, LLC. Southern Seasonings is a leading producer of high quality authentic Cajun and Creole food products including seasonings, roux, sauces, meal mixes, dry soup fixings, bean mixes, relish and fish fry. The company’s products are marketed on a multi-regional basis under its brands Ragin’ Cajun, Cajun’s Choice, Bootsie’s and Southern Seasonings as well as on a private label basis to retail grocery, institutional and foodservice customers.
Southern Seasonings Founder and CEO, Tom Riggs, along with the existing team continued with and are co-owners of the new holding company. The new Vice President of Sales & Marketing will join the company as an equity owner with the mandate to learn the business and its customer base, help build the company's profitability and value over the long-term and be positioned to ultimately succeed as President and CEO.
The new Vice President of Sales & Marketing will provide leadership and deep experience in growing food/consumer packaged goods companies in a hands-on, entrepreneurial and collaborative environment. Working with the CEO and investor/directors, the VP will implement existing near-term growth plans while developing and leading the long-term plan for significantly building revenue and equity value. The company has strong long-term relationships with its customers which include specialty foods distributors, grocery distributors and grocery retailers and has products in over 5,000 supermarkets nationwide including Kroger, Safeway and Food Lion.
The company is profitable, well capitalized, has sophisticated systems, an excellent facility, an experienced, flexible and dedicated work force, experienced management team and highly knowledgeable and supportive investor/directors. The company has a highly collaborative culture, diverse work force and an entrepreneurial team-oriented spirit.
Qualifications and skills:
· Proven, successful sales and marketing experience in the national specialty foods market
· Customer facing leadership skills with significant new product and channel success
· Entrepreneurial, hands-on, collaborative and committed to the success of the team
· Proven skills in developing and implementing an aggressive growth plan
· A seeker of opportunity with a willingness to live and travel from Louisiana
· Strategic minded with the education and intelligence to lead a strong team
· Unquestioned integrity and total commitment to quality in all things
· Competitive salary and benefits plus bonus based on achievement of annual budget
· Immediate equity opportunity