Located just southeast of downtown Indianapolis, Resource Treatment Facility is a residential treatment facility that provides comprehensive, competency-based, client-centered residential treatment to youth and their families. Programming focuses on the utilization of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) in day-to-day activities, from individual counseling sessions to group interactions on the unit. Resource works with families and placement agencies to ensure that a team approach to treatment is utilized.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the role of Behavioral Health Associate. This position would be full-time working 8 hour shifts. In this exciting, challenging and rewarding role you will:
- Provide direct supervision to residents.
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback to residents on behaviors.
- Provide de-escalation interventions by utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), as well as TCI.
- Complete client documentation during shift.
Resource operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with the following schedules:
- First Shift- 7:00am-3:30pm
- Second Shift- 3:00pm-11:30pm
- Third Shift- 11:00pm-7:30am
- Experience working with children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral issues is preferred.
- Experience working with children with sexually maladaptive behaviors.
- Experience working in a residential treatment facility
- Knowledge of child development desired
- High School diploma or GED required
- Valid Indiana Driver's License
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Ability to use good judgment and maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Ability to work assigned hours per week
- Ability to walk, sit, stand for long periods of time
- Ability to run, squat and kneel
- May be required to restrain residents
- May have some exposure to disagreeable conditions
Where to apply:
Please note: All qualified candidates must successfully pass criminal background checks, pre-employment physical, urine drug screen and fingerprint analysis, and have a clear record with Dept. of Child Services before beginning employment -- no exceptions. Please do not apply unless you can pass all of these qualifications.