We are currently seeking full-time Substance Abuse Counselors for our addiction treatment centers in the greater Salt Lake City, UT area. Our locations include: Salt Lake City, Orem, Taylorsville, and Layton.
We are improving the lives we touch. We need passionate, talented people working together who share our desire to provide the best quality care to our patients and lead the fight against the opioid epidemic. We are prepared to treat the entire disease, not just a piece of it.
- Members of our counseling team will enjoy full benefit eligibility, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k matching, company paid group term life insurance, paid vacation and sick time
- An opportunity for growth that is second to none in the industry.
- Our facilities provides free clinical supervision for candidates seeking substance abuse counseling licensures and/or certifications, dependent upon staff in specific facility.
- Acadia Healthcare is committed to offering an enviable internal culture and environment that encourages and supports both professional and personal growth that you are proud of.
Your Job as a Substance Abuse Counselor:
The Substance Abuse Counselor is instrumental in our patient’s treatment and recovery from opioid use disorder. Substance Abuse Counselors provide high quality, compassionate care through various mediums which include both individual and group counseling sessions. The Substance Abuse Counselor will plan, oversee, facilitate and document their patient's recovery as well as provide leadership and guidance for the activities of other personnel.
We have 8 hour, daily shifts that allow our employees to have stable schedules and enjoy quality time away from the facility. Operating hours are typically early mornings (5AM/6AM).
Your Responsibilities as a Substance Abuse Counselor:
- Conduct individual counseling sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- Conduct group and/or family sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- May co-facilitate assigned group or family sessions;
- Responsible for initial assessments, as well as follow up assessment, for patients;
- Prepare an individual treatment plans for each assigned patient;
- Ensure all documentation regarding patient care, treatment and incidents is completed timely and in a clear, concise manner;
- May act as a liaison between referral sources and patients;
- Provide crisis intervention to patients, as needed;
- May plan for aftercare for assigned patients;
- May act as a liaison with insurance carriers, as requested;
- May provide case management duties for patients, ensuring individualized quality care;
- Evaluate patient’ needs and determines if referrals to other programs or facilities are needed; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Skills and Qualifications as a Substance Abuse Counselor:
- HS graduate or equivalent required
- Bachelor and Masters degree, preferred.
- Previous experience in substance abuse, preferred.
- One or more of the following: ACMHC, CMHC, LMFT, SSW, CSW, LCSW, CSUDC, CSUDC-1, CASUDC, CASUDC-1, LSUDC, LADSUDC