Title: Project Manager
Reports To: Director of Project Management
Department: Project Management
Location: Traveling Construction - Anywhere
Project Managers have established vast construction knowledge and are well-rounded in the areas of Field Operations, Safety, Quality, Project Management, Preconstruction, Client Relationships, A/E Relationships and Strategy. They have demonstrated strong financial management skills and ability to independently manage all aspects of a project from start to finish. They have demonstrated leadership, and the ability to work with a team as well as independently. A PM is expected to successfully manage several projects of varying size and/or complexity at any one time; graduation responsibility to larger and more difficult projects. A successful Project Manager has demonstrated a commitment to community involvement, networking, business development and client relationships. Confident, articulate and professional communication, including listening, written, interpersonal, oral and nonverbal.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Project Management
- Independently prepare and oversee the process of issuing subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders, monthly payment requests. Actively manage contract terms including prompt invoice approval, resolving issues and Certificates of Insurance.
- Prepare, distribute and track RFI’s. Distribute and track CB’s, RFP’s or other change issue documentation. Post addenda or other changes to plans and specifications.
- In collaboration with Superintendent, create a detailed project schedule, update as project progresses and distribute on regular intervals to all project stakeholders.
- Independently manage all close out activities including but not limited to creation, distribution and tracking of punch lists, O&M and Owner training, change orders, contracts, permits and Owner occupancy.
- Facilitate effective project meetings; prepare and distribute agendas and meeting notes.
- Proactively manage procurement log and submittal process. Review shop drawings and samples for conformance to documents.
- Responsible for scheduling, preparing, facilitating, and documenting thorough pre- & post-job meetings and pre- & post-task meetings.
- Possesses a broad knowledge of building systems, components and construction methods. Understand the complexities in dependency and sequences of all construction related activities.
- Lead the process of incorporating virtual construction and BIM coordination to gain the greatest benefit your project.
- Prepare and manage the Owner contracts, consultant contracts, necessary permits and approvals.
- Possesses strong knowledge of construction law, contract terms, dispute resolution and risk management.
- Prepare the Instructions to Bidders and manage the bidding process; strategize and manage bid packages. Conduct bid result evaluations. Review and negotiate bid results.
- Estimating, quantity take off and pricing.
- Manage budget development & strategic budget preparation.
- Ensure good bid coverage by managing the efforts to contact prospective bidders, utilizing bidding software or telephone.
- Coordinate bid day activities with Estimator.
- Lead constructability and specification review.
- Demonstrate the ability for strategic project facilitation. Starting with a successful project strategy, project delivery method and contract types. Understanding and managing early project set up for long-term project success.
- Actively manage the design process and design schedule; guiding and advising the Owner through their decision-making process.
- Field Operations
- Ensure the field personnel have accurate and up-to-date cost codes, labor budgets and quantities to plan and execute the work.
- Assist Superintendent with short duration scheduling, quantity tracking, and Top 10 lists. Demonstrate active participation in Storyboarding efforts, Foreman's meetings, and developing 3-week look aheads with subcontractors.
- Ensure the field and subcontractors' have access to project documents (plans and specifications) using paper or electronic methods. When changes occur, timely and accurately update documents for all stakeholders.
- Lead the safety efforts on the project. Participate in safety walks, review of safety audits and follow-up on safety violations. Lead the planning of work with safety at the forefront.
- Lead the quality process on the project, utilizing checklists and first install reviews to comply with the contract documents and mitigate risk.
- Collaborate with the Superintendent to update the project schedule.
- Ensure the productivity labor report is actively tracked and shared with employees; hours and quantities for completed work are accurately recorded.
- Demonstrates servant leadership skills. Strong history of having trusting relationships based on dependability and honesty. Promote cooperation and respect.
- Financial Management
- Possesses a strong knowledge of strategic buyout and application of allowances.
- Lead Subcontractor negotiations; with a strong understanding of detailed scope review and ethical negotiation. Promptly code invoices, issue change orders and resolve issues.
- Lead Change Order negotiations; utilizing the change management process.
- Demonstrate strong project financial management skills including cash flow, cost awareness and cost projections. Responsible for independently completing accurate Monthly Status reports for average – large size projects. Able to teach others the correct way to forecast and complete a MSR.
- Lead the efforts for timely issuing of accurate pay requests and collecting Owner payments.
- Demonstrates a strong in-depth understanding of labor reports & productivity.
- Facilitate effective pre-, mid-, post-financial meetings for mid- to large-size projects.
- Leadership & Management
- Active leadership of jobsite safety program, quality processes, and ensuring projects remain OSHA compliant. Supporting both safety and quality initiatives.
- Demonstrates solid conflict resolution skills by promptly, professionally and successfully resolves personnel and/or project related conflict.
- Proven ability to analyze problems and utilize a variety of analytical techniques to solve problems. Evaluate options in terms of cost, consequences, value and impact.
- Successfully organizes and manages project teams utilizing systems and resources.
- Effectively and appropriately delegate tasks. Providing suitable oversight and while maintaining responsibility.
- Concurrently manage and driving several projects of varying size (mid- to large) and complexity. Display strong organizational skills.
- Possesses initiative and commitment related to project management to help achieve company success and continually demonstrates high levels of energy, drive, and enthusiasm.
- Possess the insight for early identification and subsequent management of risk.
- Foster, develop and maintain strong relationships with Owners, Architects, Subcontractors and colleagues. Building consensus with project stakeholders through positive communication. History of high client satisfaction.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, oversight, review, and performance feedback to peers, to improve their performance and career development.
- Demonstrates leadership by being accountable and leading by example.
- General Responsibilities
- Follow ’s Best Practices, protect confidential information and Company operations.
- Possess strong knowledge of Project Management software as required: CMiC (Accounting and Project Management), Timberline (Estimating), PlanGrid (Document Management); Primavera or MS Project (Scheduling); Microsoft Office Suite, OnCenter (take off), Pantera, Bluebeam.
- Communicates effectively with all types of positions and people. Encourages open communication to achieve mutual understanding and team success. Communication is confident, articulate and professional. Skills include: listening, written, interpersonal, verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge. Demonstrate a willingness to participate in training as an instructor or student.
- Consistently complete administrative tasks (etime, coding invoices, responding to email or inquiries, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BD & Community Involvement
- Actively network where and when appropriate for business development purposes.
- Personally, involved in volunteering and giving back to the community.
- Actively participate in business development efforts including, requests for proposal responses and interviews.
- Develop new business through relationships.
Below are the qualifications, education and experience, and physical demands for this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualified candidates will have excellent communication and organizational skills and be a contributing team player. A strong mathematical aptitude, as well as, strong analytical, problem-solving and mediation skills also necessary. Experience working with various software applications including Microsoft Office required.
Education & Experience
A BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or similar programs, and a minimum of 5 years of experience in project management, field engineering or estimating is required.