Principal Research Scientist, BBCIC (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
Title: Principal Research Scientist, Biologics & Biosimilars Collective Intelligence Consortium (BBCIC)
Reports to: Executive Director, BBCIC
Classification: Full time, Exempt
What We Are About:
The Biologics and Biosimilars Collective Intelligence Consortium (BBCIC), a multi-stakeholder research collaborative, was established in 2015 to address anticipated needs for post-marketed evidence generation for biologics, their corresponding biosimilars and other related products. The BBCIC is a non-profit, scientific public service initiative with a mission to generate reliable real-world evidence that examines the safety and effectiveness of biologics in order to improve public health. This research draws on a distributed research network (DRN) with de-identified medical, pharmacy and electronic health record data covering 95 million patient lives in the United States.
AMCP is the professional association leading the way to help patients get the medications they need at a cost they can afford. AMCP’s diverse membership of pharmacists, physicians, nurses, and professionals in life sciences and biopharmaceutical companies leverage their specialized expertise in clinical evidence and economics to optimize medication benefit design and population health management and help patients access cost-effective and safe medications and other drug therapies.
What This Job is About:
This position is responsible for implementation and conduct of the BBCIC research agenda, and leading research projects in compliance with the BBCIC Charter, Policies and Procedures. As the primary internal principal investigator, this role is responsible for convening the BBCIC Science Committee and Research Teams, providing scientific oversight of clinical considerations, data assessment, and research methods in support of all research projects. It plays a vital role in capacity building and growth of the BBCIC research infrastructure, including recruitment of world-class researchers and clinicians for the multidisciplinary research teams, and executing an active external funding effort seeking grants and foundation awards.
More specifically, key responsibilities include;
- Close collaboration with the BBCIC Executive Director to drive research projects
- Conduct complex, high-quality, observational research studies on time and on budget
- Develop and execute a strategy to regularly seek external funding through a robust grant application plan, and seeking out alternative funding opportunities that align with BBCIC priorities
- Assist the Executive Director with proposal development and BBCIC’s contract negotiations with outside research partners, vendors, and contractors
- Coordinate the research dissemination plan, including abstract and manuscript preparation and submission to scientific or professional meetings, and peer-reviewed journals
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify, develop, maintain, and disseminate BBCIC processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency
- Contribute to strategic planning around growth and development of BBCIC research capabilities and goals, and contribute to implementation of the BBCIC Strategic Action Plan
What You Are About:
This position requires doctoral level training (PhD) in medical research, epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, or a related field. Strong knowledge of therapeutics including a clinical degree in pharmacy, medicine, or nursing is preferred.
You have a proven record of exemplary research:
- Three or more years’ experience as a senior-level researcher with extensive experience conducting and leading observational comparative safety and effectiveness, epidemiologic, and other clinically relevant drug-related research is required
- Proven ability to conduct complex, high-quality, observational research studies on time and on budget
- Superior knowledge of advanced epidemiology concepts and statistical methods, data models, and research networks especially in the context of using secondary data sources for observational research (e.g., healthcare insurance claims, electronic health records)
- Experience leading functionally diverse multi-stakeholder research teams, including mentoring researchers and establishing consensus from stakeholders
- Knowledge of external funding opportunities and mechanisms; previous obtainment of federal or foundation grants preferred
- Professional senior management or executive level experience
- Experience and interest in mentoring students and interns
- Exceptional organizational skills and sharp attention detail to manage multiple, simultaneous, complex research projects
- Deadline driven with demonstrated ability to effectively plan and prioritize tasks and projects
- Ability to communicate at a high level—both verbally and in writing—to develop and maintain strong relationships with BBCIC members, scientists, clinician experts, staff and a variety of other stakeholders
- Ability to allocate resources, plan, and oversee budgets and contracts to ensure fiscal responsibility
- Foster a collaborative environment with multiple stakeholders and consortium participants
What You Will Get Out of It:
- Opportunity to shape ground-breaking research in a unique multi-stakeholder consortium
- Work with leading scientists across the field of observational and epidemiological research, and with experts on biologic medications across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Opportunity to define and build the research infrastructure and scope to further establish BBCIC as the leading authority on large-scale observational research of biologics
- Up to 20% travel to national conferences and other meetings
- Work with passionate staff who believe in each other and have some fun along the way.
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including:
- 25 PTO days in your first year
- 8 paid holidays plus a winter break December 25 – 31
- Retirement employer match of 5% plus a Non-Elective Contribution (NEC) which is funded and determined annually by AMCP. NEC’s have ranged 3-4% over the last 3 years
- 6 weeks of annual paid parental leave. Eligibility begins after 6 months of service
- Hybrid work environment offering flexible work arrangements
- Competitive medical, dental, vision plan offerings including a $1,000 employer contribution to a Health Savings Account (HSA) and a $2,000 contribution with any dependents on the plan
- Group term and supplemental life insurances with AD&D plus employer-paid short- & long-term disability
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Employment referral bonus of $1,500
- Employer-paid employee assistance program
- Employer-paid professional development
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250
- Employer-paid parking and pre-tax Metro SmartBenefits
If you believe you are a great fit for this role, please apply today!
It is the policy of AMCP to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, AMCP will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Academy Managed Care Pharmacy
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?