Education Summer Intern (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Education Summer Intern
Reports to: Assistant Director, Educational Programs
Classification: Temporary/Intern, Non-Exempt
What We Are About:
AMCP is the professional association leading the way to help patients get the medications they need at a cost they can afford. AMCP’s diverse membership of pharmacists, physicians, nurses, and professionals in life sciences and biopharmaceutical companies leverage their specialized expertise in clinical evidence and economics to optimize medication benefit design and population health management and help patients access cost-effective and safe medications and other drug therapies. AMCP members improve the lives of nearly 300 million Americans served by private and public health plans, pharmacy benefit management firms, and emerging care models.
What This Internship is About:
To support the education of student pharmacists and to increase exposure to association management, the AMCP Education Team would like to offer a 12-week summer internship to support key educational activities, including 2023 eLearning Days, Nexus 2023, and education grant development.
The Summer Intern has responsibility for assisting in the development of educational content for AMCP’s eLearning Days in August 2023, Nexus 2023, and other educational opportunities as needed. In addition, the Summer Intern will support educational grant development through researching and writing grants and developing outcomes reports as needed.
More specifically, key responsibilities include:
- Assist in researching and writing course descriptions and learning objectives for educational activities for AMCP eLearning Days and AMCP Nexus 2023.
- Research potential faculty for educational activities related to AMCP eLearning Days and AMCP Nexus 2023.
- Assist with the research and writing of grant requests.
- Submitting grant requests under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Grants.
- Assist with the development of outcomes reports and with the grant reconciliation process for all grant-funded activities.
- Assist in supporting the development and execution of the June AMCP Summit related to value and access.
- Assure that all educational activities fulfill the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education’s (ACPE) standards.
- Assist the department staff with on-site activities/logistics during live meetings.
- Assist in the research and development of a business plan for a new training program.
- Assist in other education projects as assigned.
What You Are About:
Your excitement and drive to serve AMCP members and improve the lives of patients across the country is your motivation.
You aspire to make a difference and possess the following skills and competencies.
- Current student pharmacist at an accredited school/college of pharmacy (rising P3 preferred)
- Interest in association management and/or managed care pharmacy.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work well on a collaborative team.
- Commitment to advancing the organization’s desired culture, which focuses on collaboration, high performance, accountability, respect, and trust (CHART).
- Highly organized and motivated to meet deadlines (time management skills)
- Commitment to advancing the organization’s desired culture, which focuses on collaboration, high performance, accountability, respect, and trust
If you believe you’re a great fit for this role, follow the link below and apply on AMCP’s Career Page today!
Please submit a CV and personal statement of interest in your application.
AMCP Career Center
It is the policy of AMCP to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, AMCP will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Academy Managed Care Pharmacy
Get fresh Summer Educator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.