Position: Bilingual Medical Assistant (Spanish Speaking)- Full Time
Reports To: Office Manager, Providers
Job Summary: Assist the practitioners with patient care. Create an atmosphere that reflects the level of standards and care that patients can expect to receive from this practice.
To be successful in this position the Medical Assistant must be cheerful, friendly, polite, tactful and professional in appearance and manner at all times. They will be able to communicate with the providers and patients and be mindful of patient confidentiality. They will be able to evaluate and respond to a patient's needs and accurately relay the Provider's instructions. The successful Medical Assistant will be a team player and respectful of their co-workers.
Education and Experience:
Experienced in the use of personal computer and peripheral equipment
BLS certification required
High School diploma or equivalent
Medical Assistant certification or equivalent
One year prior Medical Assistant experience preferred
Must be fluent in Spanish
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Insure all exam rooms are clean and stocked.
- Assist patients prepare for exams and/or tests. Maintain patient flow per practice protocol.
- Respond to patient questions in the exam room and on the telephone, as instructed. Phone prescriptions and refills to pharmacy based upon practice protocol.
- Demonstrate ability to properly perform procedures on equipment commonly used in practice.
- Accurately document reason for visit, vitals, history, and other information relevant to the visit.
- Present patients with necessary forms for prior to testing. Understand and communicate the meaning of the forms, including HIPAA and other regulatory information, to patients. Obtain Advance Beneficiary Notices (ABN) where appropriate.
- Demonstrate knowledge of insurance plan requirements regarding pre-certification or authorization processes.
- Maintain clinical data in the patient's chart in an orderly and concise fashion.
- Route documentation such as lab results, consultation letters, etc. to the appropriate staff member.
- Order, stock, store, sort and inventory all medical supplies, including sample medications. Make sure appropriate supplies are maintained in all exam and procedure rooms, as required.
- Be knowledgeable of office financial policies and fees.
- Understand and participate in all compliance programs including, but not limited to, (T)OSHA, HIPAA, CLIA, OIG, and Safety programs.
- Demonstrate understanding of practice policies as set forth in the Employee Manual and all Policy and Procedure documents. Comply with all practice policies.
- Participate in orientation and training opportunities as they become available.
- Effectively communicate with patients and co-workers.
- Demonstrate ability to work without harm to self, patients or co-workers.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and adapt.
- Demonstrate understanding of practice management software, with the ability to apply oral and/or written/electronic communication techniques.
- Have a working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Maintain professional ethics and attitude with staff, providers and patients at all times.
- Perform all other tasks as requested by the Office Manager or by the Providers.
- Identify problem areas and communicate issues to the Office Manager for consideration/resolution.