Academies of Math and Science
2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year
2018 Runner-Up Reader’s Choice Awards: Best Place to Work
Paraprofessional - AMS Phoenix Campuses - 2019-2020 School Year
Note: There are multiple openings for this position.
Are you dedicated to influencing positive changes in at-risk communities by preparing students for college and a successful life and career? Academies of Math and Science (AMS) is an academically advanced charter school network serving predominantly low-income students, with a decade-long track record of being either the highest or one of the highest performing K-8 charter schools in Arizona. As part of the AMS family, your role as a paraprofessional is to work alongside our team of talented educators in guiding motivated students through an advanced curriculum.
As we open new schools and grow by roughly 30% each year, we seek intelligent, data-driven teachers eager to uphold the same academic excellence that made our flagship school in Tucson the 2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year. Our results and success support our belief that all students can succeed – no matter their background – with the right programs in place, and more importantly, the right people leading the way. That’s where you come in.
Qualifications & competencies:
- High School diploma or equivalent and passed the paraprofessional exam OR Associate’s degree or higher
- Prior experience working with children
- Meet ONE of the following options:
- Hold an associates (or higher) degree or
- Completed two years of study (equaling 60 or more credit hours) at an accredited institution of higher education or
- Obtained a passing score on an ADE-approved assessment:
- ETS ParaPro Assessment
- ACT Workkeys
- Master Teacher’s Para Educator Learning Network
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Why work for us?
- Competitive salaries and bonus pay
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement (with employer contributions), PTO, and disability and life insurance
- Supportive, collaborative culture with incredible coworkers and leaders
- Comprehensive training, follow-up coaching, PD, and professional learning communities
- Extensive opportunities for career mobility/advancement as our schools and network continue to grow and expand to new areas
- The chance to truly make a difference in the lives of children who may not otherwise have access to a high-quality education
In the words of one of our employees, “[AMS has] incredible curriculum and standards that help students succeed. Administration appreciates staff and they express it throughout the school year, and there are a lot of opportunities for growth within the company. Everyone is always looking for ways to be better for our students! I am proud to work in an encouraging environment that is so uplifting and positive. I can’t say enough great things about AMS.”
Interested in pursuing an AMS career?
Apply in 5 minutes through the link below. Please include the following in PDF or Word format:
1. A detailed resume describing your experience and data-supported accomplishments.
2. A cover letter showcasing your written communication skills and demonstrating your alignment with the AMS mission and competencies.
Compensation: $11 - $15 per hour, DOE.