Academic Programs International, LLC (API) with headquarters in Austin, TX, is a study abroad company that has been in business over 20 years. API believes in the value of international education as a means of promoting intellectual curiosity, cultural sensitivity and holistic personal development. More than 4,000 students and participants travel abroad annually to over 50 cities within twenty-nine countries in Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Oceania. API partners with universities and provide individual attention to every participant to attract students from colleges and universities across the United States, public and private, large and small.
To prepare for phenomenal growth, the company is implementing systems and hiring additional staff. We seek an experienced Senior Accountant who will report to our Assistant Controller in our Austin, TX office.
- Support Controller and Assistant Controller in accounting operations and financial reporting
- Assist with month-end close processes including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation with sub systems, variance analysis, reporting, etc.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and review all bank reconciliations
- Monitor compliance with GAAP and company policies and procedures
- Identify areas for improvement and recommend change initiatives
- Perform continuous assessment of close process to improve timing and accuracy of deliverables
- Assist with annual external audit by preparing schedules and provided requested support
- Assist with system implementation and workflow
- Contribute to development of procedural documentation for all accounting functions
- Assist department and company in achieving goals and objectives as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years accounting experience with demonstrated progression
- 1+ years supervisory experience preferred
- Multi-site and international experience a plus
- Understanding and knowledge of GAAP required
- Advanced capability with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient with QuickBooks Enterprise
- Systems conversion experience a plus
- Ability to adhere to monthly and annual department-driven deadlines
- Problem solving – must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gathering and analyzing information skillfully
- Collaborative – must work well with many differing personalities and with people from many different levels within the organization
- Quality control – must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability – must be adaptable to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Organized – must be able to manage a multitude of projects in a systematic and organized way. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task with minimal direction
- Proactive with Sense of Urgency – must have leadership qualities, a strong sense of urgency, and be someone who takes initiative to get things done
- Leadership – may direct and lead the work of others; relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Flexible/Dependable – must be flexible in order to work longer hours as needed
- Communication – strong written and verbal communication required
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive base salary, including performance-based bonus
- Full benefit package, including employer paid employee medical and dental, life insurance and telemedicine; health saving plan, retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off plan(s)
- Paid parental leave
- Excellent work environment with casual dress and flex time
- Room for advanced growth within company, including stipends for training and development
- Endless snacks and drinks
- Company events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Please submit resume and salary history for consideration.