Academic Partnerships is hiring a Director, Healthcare & Nursing Initiatives to lead partner-related strategic and production efforts with universities and colleges that are part of Academic Partnerships, including faculty support, strategic program consultation, and course design and implementation.
The Director, Healthcare & Nursing Initiatives will be responsible for working with our university partners to prepare them for launch, ongoing success, and scalability of nursing programs. The Director will be the key contact for nursing Deans, Chairs, and Program Directors at our university partners and will serve as a subject matter expert in clinical healthcare. The immediate and primary responsibility will be to onboard and implement academic program planning infrastructure that supports our partners and ensures that students have a seamless experience from enrollment through their licensure preparation.
This position will be based in Dallas.
- Lead strategic program efforts with healthcare and nursing programs (HEA) at our university partners, to help ensure that ASP is optimizing its impact and benefits for HEA-related programs.
- Support program mapping and planning, course planning, and faculty support and professional development, at our partners including leveraging existing best practices and AP resources.
- Design and lead professional development workshops and working sessions with faculty regarding best practices in online learning
- Serve as an in-house expert on online education programs, with respect to curriculum, accreditation issues, and program structure
- Develop and build resources, templates, and insight documents that can support program directors, faculty, and instructional designers in the development or enhancement of online education programs. Topics may include operations, curricular consultation, instructional design, instructional technology, and/or course facilitation.
- Analyze trends in our healthcare and nursing programs to generate insights for our partners that could improve course quality and retention
- Collaborate with individual faculty and the AP instructional design team on specific course-related issues.
- Interact with program directors, directors of online learning, and internal AP leaders such as Vertical Leads and Managing Directors.
- Actively contribute to the success of the Academic Services and Product team with a spirit of continuous innovation, collaboration, process improvement, and operational excellence.
- Master of Science in Nursing or Higher
- 8+ years’ experience in online higher education
- Experience leading or managing programs and/or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years’ experience working with Learning Management Systems or other educational technology.
- Experience working with clinical management systems and coordinating student clinical experiences.
- Experience mentoring faculty or teaching at the secondary level in online or blended learning environments.
- Knowledge of Quality Matters Rubric or OLC Scorecard.
- Excellent leadership and management competencies
- In-depth knowledge of instructional design, online and blended course design, learning theories, and instructional technologies.
- Commitment and passion for quality and innovation in online learning
- Willingness to be an entrepreneurial problem-solver
- Strong communications skills – both verbal and written. Able to work and communicate effectively with both internal management and external providers/suppliers.
- Focus on a positive customer experience; excellent follow-through, attention to detail, and organizational skills. Committed to supporting the needs of both external and internal customers.
- Adeptness with and enthusiasm for working with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and/or other educational technology tools.
- A team player with drive, initiative and energy. Mature and confident professional, who displays professionalism consistently, makes decisive decisions and exhibits a genuine sense of urgency.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in lay terms both verbally and in writing.
- Action oriented: an individual not afraid to get involved in the details of an operation.
- Willing to work in a lean, fast paced environment.
- Comfortable talking to varying management levels. Exercise sound judgment.
- The position requires the ability to travel up to 45%.
Preferred Competencies Include:
- Experience creating online programs
- Doctorate degree