Acacia Counseling & Wellness is the leading provider of off-campus student mental health among universities. Our mission is to provide college students and their community a safe, supportive space in which they receive consistent, quality mental health care that is highly accessible, affordable, and culturally sensitive. We are seeking a motivated individual who is friendly, engaging, and passionate about the mental health field to manage our Santa Cruz office alongside our Office Director.
Please read over these details carefully!
The Administrative Assistant & Community Outreach Coordinator will help run the front desk along with the Office Manager and additional front desk staff, actively engage in the creation and marketing of new events promoting mental health awareness, the Acacia ROOTS Fund, and Acacia Counseling & Wellness, as well as establish and maintain effective relationships with representatives of the community and local organizations.
As the Administrative Assistant & Community Outreach Coordinator at Acacia, you'll oversee front desk duties and marketing efforts. The position is a part-time 12-15 hour commitment to start.
- Schedule client appointments
- Answer phone calls, emails, and in-person inquiries
- Collect and record client payments and co-payments
- Register new clients and inform them of Acacia policies
- Assist the Office Manager in carrying out day-to-day tasks and functions
- Report any changes in availability or planned leaves of absence to Office Manager, as well as giving proper notice to the Site Director
- Community interface
- Table at University-sponsored and community events, when Acacia's presence is not a conflict of interest
- Introduce yourself and Acacia to organizations and departments on-campus and in the community
- Coordinate with office managers to promote and award Google Reviewers
- Coordinate with local businesses in fundraising events for Acacia ROOTS
- Plan and market events such as monthly movie nights, yoga and meditation, Wellness Day, etc, in coordination with the Director
- Complete events within allowed budget
- Marketing & Social Media
- Post frequently to individual Facebook page
- Create content for Acacia-general sites (Instagram, Twitter, FB)
- Produce newsletters content for news at your office
- Create new marketing materials when needed
This position is perfect for someone who is comfortable with autonomy, is well-organized, has strong social skills, and is tech-savvy. Your attention to detail is a must, as you'll be creating content and publicizing events that represent Acacia Counseling and Wellness. Societal trends are constantly changing so it will be important for you to be open to experience, innovative-creative, and honest, through your communication and representation of Acacia.
- Technology advocate and fast-learner with paperless-practices
- Excellent time management skills - ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Solution finder, delegater, and decision maker - paying close attention to details and ways to improve and grow the space/tasks around you
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and team-collaborative mentality
Send us your resume and cover letter. You might not have experience, but tell us why you would succeed in this position.
Thank you so much for considering us! We strongly believe this is more than just a job, as we offer a warm and welcoming environment.
START DATE: Rough start date is September 18, 2019