Abundant Medical Staffing is looking for a male Registered Medical Assistant. Along with other job duties the candidate will need to observe males during a urinalysis.
1. Utilize nursing knowledge and skills in the safe implementation of basic preventative therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing care of assigned patient/family as evidenced by documentation and observation of positive patient care outcomes.
2. Accurately obtain vital signs with no error and accurately document pertinent medical history.
3. Accurately obtain results for urine drug testing, breath alcohol testing, pulmonary function testing, respirator fit testing, vision testing, audiogram testing, urine dip testing, blood draws.
4. Clean surgical instruments using the Autoclave. Observe published procedures and protocols developed to clean instruments. Maintain the Autoclave including performance of quality checks developed to ensure the sterility and safety of instruments we use. This function includes performing quality checks and recording those results in the appropriate log.
5. Stock Supplies
6. Clean rooms, work areas and bathrooms daily.
7. Work collaboratively with other members of the health care team in coordination of the patient's care as evidenced by other department feedback.
8. Perform delegated independent nursing functions using established procedures, policies, guidelines and standards as observed by the Medical Director.
9. Administer medication accurately, observing patient response, as evidenced by documentation in the medical record and lack of negative outcomes
10. Maintain and coordinate communication among patient/significant other, staff and physician as evidenced within medical record, client and health care team feedback.
11. Assist in assuring that effective communication exists with patient/significant other as reflected in the plan of care.
12. Utilize appropriate teaching methods such as one-on-one and group instruction, demonstration or discussion.
13. Assist patients, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respect their confidentiality and privacy and communicate with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
14. Answer and refer telephone calls or other inquires to ensure that accurate and timely communications are facilitated.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Customer/Client Focus.
2. Ethical Conduct.
3. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
5. Time Management.
8. Ability to manage stress
This job operates in a healthcare setting. This role requires regular walking to various locations around the clinic. This role also routinely encounters patients who may have contagious illnesses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 20 pounds. Ability to reach above shoulder height, at desk height, and below desk height.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position in a clinic setting that is open 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Work during inclement weather and overtime may be required.
Local travel possible.
Required Education and Experience
1. Graduate of an accredited Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) program.
2. Must have graduated from their academic programs within the past four years. Applicants whose date of graduation is four years or more prior to the date of their application must also provide evidence of relevant work experience for at least three of the last five years.
3. Valid registration as an RMA in the state of OK.
4. CPR/First Aid certified
5. Working knowledge of computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, email, faxing, scanning, etc.)
Preferred Education and Experience
1. More than one year of experience in the field of medicine outside of school.
2. Experience in a clinic setting.
3. Experience in occupational medicine.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Valid, up to date RMA license.
2. A valid state driver’s license.
3. Proof of up to date insurance for vehicle that is driven for company business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice