We are seeking a Phlebotomist to join our team! The phlebotomist will draw blood for tests, transfusions, donations, or research.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Draw blood specimens from the patients of the clinic for laboratory analysis.
- Insure sample is drawn from the proper tube, labeled correctly, and patient is appropriately identified.
- Verifies patient information and laboratory orders and ensures patient signs appropriate contracts for Clozapine Monitoring Program.
- Enters lab data of WBC count for Clozapine patients into the web registry using personal computers and related software.
- Files lab results and other medical information into medical charts and sends copies of lab results to prescribing practitioner and/or facilities (mental health facility, group home, nursing home, etc.)
- Uses patient condition forms when out in field to document any patient changes in behavior and reports these observations to the pharmacist, case managers, nurses, and doctors.
- Assists patients with applications to appropriate manufacturers for Patient Assistance Programs (PAPs).
- Labels and manages PAP medications ensuring medications are delivered to appropriate clients.
- Transports medications and specimens using personal vehicle.
- Cross-trains in compliance with state board of pharmacy as a pharmacy technician.
- Demonstrates timeliness in completing scheduled blood draws at clinics and remains available for courtesy blood draws at designated clinics.
- Adheres to blood borne pathogen standards and bio-medical risk standards as outlined in guide on Phlebotomy techniques.
- Ensures compliance with Infection Control Policy.
- Provides medical staff with non-technical as well as limited technical and procedural support
- Performs laboratory housekeeping tasks including keeping shelves stocked, counters, and supply areas clean.
- Updates professional knowledge and proficiency through continuing education, staff meetings, training, etc.
- Supervises pharmacy interns/students when observing phlebotomist duties.
- Demonstrates knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations governing phlebotomist practices.
- Exhibits knowledge of basic first aide procedure.
- Exercises tact when dealing with mental health patients and being sensitive to timing, situations, and confidential relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational or Skills Requirements:
- Completion of Phlebotomy or Medical Assistant program and at least 1 year experience making draws
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Clear driving record and dependable vehicle
- Must be able to pass background check
Must use personal own vehicle, mileage will be reimbursed.
Must have a reliable vehicle, insurance, and clean driving background.
Abundant Workforce Solutions