We are seeking a Chemical Dependency Technician to join our team! You will be responsible for helping implement effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting.
- Assist and conduct intake, admission, and discharge procedures
- Maintain unit security and assist in basic crisis intervention
- Facilitate groups as assigned
- Orient new clients to unit and to the guidelines of the facility
- Perform timely room checks
- Perform hourly bed checks through night
- Maintain an accurate “Shift Log” documenting the day’s events
- Assist in client drug testing and documentation (collection of urine specimens and conducting breathalyzer tests)
- Monitor and document unusual client behavior and notify counselors of concerns
- Transport clients as needed on medical, dental, and recreational outings
- Account for all client charts on unit
- Pick up and distribute client paperwork
- Attend staffing for unit
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the problems of alcoholism/addiction, co-occurring disorders and their effect on the individual and their family; individual and group behavior; the impact on health, economic, and social issues; community resources available to persons experiencing alcohol/drug related problems; and the short- and long-term effects of alcohol/drug dependency.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- A valid Oklahoma driver’s license is required.
- Must be able to negotiate stairs and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Previous experience in counseling, social work, or other related fields
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Abundant Workforce Solutions