Abundant Workforce Solutions Tulsa, OK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Abundant Medical Staffing is seeking an Admissions Counselor to become an integral part of our team at a drug and alcohol addiction recovery center. You will take charge of implementing the vision, mission, and core values established by the facility.
This will be a M-F position.
Pay will be based on experience.
- Act as first point of contact to welcome all new admissions
Determine appropriate level of care through face to face meeting utilizing ASAM criteria and personal interview.
Completes ASI assessment of relevant clients upon admission.
Completes ASI assessment on commercial insurance clients prior to admission.
Documents admission and level of care information in the client record.
Daily review of all screenings of prospective clients to determine eligibility and appropriateness for this facility and appropriate level of care.
Completes daily ODASLs and all necessary paperwork involved and enters clients on the state waiting list.
Admits consumers/clients into treatment and performs all tasks assigned to this function, including but not limited to obtaining intake information and having consents signed.
Obtains appropriate vouchers for various contracting sources.
Checks DMH, Medicare, and Medicaid eligibility.
Makes referrals to other agencies as appropriate.
Provides crisis intervention and assessment for walk-in’s and scheduled admits who present as high risk for SI/HI.
Assists referral sources in accessing services for their clients.
Attends treatment team meetings weekly with multi-disciplinary team.
Provides psycho-educational/psychotherapy groups for clients on a weekly basis or as needed.
Fills in for Outpatient Counselors as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in behavioral health or addiction-specific required
- Licensure or under supervision for license LBHP required
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Chemical Dependency treatment field is essential.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills