Front Office Coordinator
Are you looking for an exciting new position in a new innovative medical office? AbsoluteCARE is looking for a professional customer oriented Front Office Coordinator. This position serves as the first point of personal and phone contact for the office at the front desk and performs administrative and clerical duties to support the medical staff and medical office operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Great 5-star customer service with every patient and client encounter
- Must be able to work in an exceptionally team focused environment
- Computer proficiency is a must, and experience with Electronic Medical Records systems is a major plus.
- Answer phones; respond to direct requests for information and/or forward messages to appropriate staff.
- Handle general clerical duties, such as faxing, photocopying, binding, and other miscellaneous tasks, as necessary.
- Organize and manage electronic files containing confidential health information.
- Draft and type correspondence such as letters, memorandum and emails.
- Maintain and update spreadsheets, databases, and other information related to systems or programs as needed.
- Maintain patient, staff, and common space schedules.
- Scan medical records and other documents into the Electronic Medical Record.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies.
- Keep office in orderly and clean fashion.
- Respond to staff requests for administrative support as needed.
- Other duties as directed.
- Minimum of 3 years of medical front office experience required
- Successful experience working in a service environment with challenging clients.
- Experience using Electronic Medical Records (EMR/EHR) a huge plus.
- Customer service-oriented attitude is essential; must be consistently friendly and attentive.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to react quickly in emergencies; must be able to quickly identify appropriate staff when crisis situations arise
- Recognizes and properly handles confidential health information in compliance with HIPAA
- Able to efficiently prioritize multiple high-priority tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, and Excel) is a plus
- Knowledge of standard office machinery (fax machines, photocopiers, phones) necessary