We are seeking for a qualified Substance Abuse Counselors (3) for an immediate temporary opportunity. This Substance Abuse Counselor will function as a Jail Based Substance Abuse Treatment Program (JBSAT) counselor on behalf of the Health Department in Prince George’s County.
Key Duties and Responsibilities for Substance Abuse Counselor:
• Accurately inputs enrollment, screening, and assessment data into the Efforts to
Outcome (ETO) database within 48 hours of encounter.
• Assesses client needs for drug treatment, mental health, vocational, social, and other services.
• Follows all requirements and protocols for utilizing ETO.
• Meets with supervisor to review assessment and discuss recommended care plan.
• Develops client care plan within 5 business days of enrollment assessment.
• Makes appropriate referrals based upon screening and assessment and ongoing evaluations.
• Facilitate effective group services to clients.
• Conduct clinical assessments on clients.
Qualifications of Substance Abuse Counselor:
- Active clinical license in the State of Maryland (i.e. LCPC, LCSW, LGPC, LGSW, CAC-AD or CSC-AD)
One (1) year of demonstrated professional experience, which involves counseling and assisting client populations with substance abuse, emotional, behavioral, or related disorders.
Knowledge of drug abuse prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation.
Knowledge of counseling and interviewing skills and techniques.
Knowledge of existing referral agencies and community resources.
Ability to evaluate the severity of a client's substance abuse and/or mental health problem and implement counseling efforts to alleviate the problem(s).
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Ability to establish rapport with clients and other concerned persons and to maintain effective working relationships.
Work Details for Substance Abuse Counselor:
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD
Status: Contract (End date: December 30, 2019)
Shift: Monday – Friday (8:30 am to 5:00pm)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Isabella Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or Morgan Bailey at email@example.com for more information