Distribution Line Design Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: St Louis, MO
- The Distribution GIS & Design Engineer is primarily responsible for the design activities associated with the safe and reliable development of the electric distribution system as it pertains to infrastructure additions, upgrades, and relocations, new business, and construction maintenance activities. The Distribution GIS & Design Engineer ensures compliance with company tariffs, procedures, design standards, and safety code requirements. The Distribution GIS & Design Engineer also provides technical support for GIS, the corporate distribution infrastructure record, and other mapping operations within the electric service territory.
• Manage the safe and timely completion of designs and estimates for sub-transmission and distribution system enhancements (under 100kV) with an emphasis on adherence to company standards, procedures, and policies. This includes designs for new business, infrastructure replacement, relocations, construction maintenance, and upgrade/expansion activities.
• Work with division personnel and other Company departments to plan for, acquire, and schedule distribution GIS and design resources, both internal and external to the Company, in order to meet customer and project needs.
• Manage the development and review the quality and accuracy of large-scale construction project designs, whether developed inside or outside the Company. Review the work of designers, and GIS/mapping personnel for quality and consistency in order to provide exceptional service to internal customers.
• Work closely with consultants, vendors, and architectural/engineering firms to monitor the quality and accuracy of their design and mapping work products. Oversee the work activities of these external resources, and coach and evaluate them as required in order to ensure their delivery of a quality product.
• Ensure that design work products are in compliance with industry and company design standards. Work with division engineers, designers, field employees, project managers, and other customer stakeholders to resolve identified project issues in the interest of compliance with safety, design, timeline, and financial performance criteria. Provide direction and technical assistance as required from these discussions to personnel completing designs and estimates of distribution projects.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of workgroup and departmental goals as appropriate. Identify and implement improvements in department operations and processes designed to enhance safety, control costs, remove waste, and improve productivity. Actively participate in local co-worker engagement, diversity, and continuous improvement efforts.
• Effectively utilize and provide technical support relating to the use of various energy delivery business systems. Provide computer hardware and system support, training, and application development for design and GIS users.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university is required. Electrical Engineering degree is preferred. Preference is to have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering examination or have a Professional Engineer's license.
- Three or more years of electric utility distribution or related engineering experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. Working knowledge of corporate computer applications (e.g. OAS, CSS, DOJM, ADMS, and/or EMPRV) and GIS. Excellent analytical, decision-making, communication, organizational, and human relations skills.
- Healthy customer service mindset and an ability to interact effectively with various stakeholders internal and external to the Company.
AddressSaint Louis, MO
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Absolute Consulting