Job Summary: Construction Administrative Assistant. Responsibilities will include preparing documents prior to job start, reviewing each new job for process compliance, filing for permits and building approvals as required, processing change orders, scheduling final inspections and supporting Project Managers with related tasks. The role will require collaboration with sales team and collecting necessary documentation for each job. Some communication with customers will be required in handling office calls, updating customers on status of their project and sending communication via email. Excellent communication and customer service skills is a must, as well as basic Windows and Microsoft Office. Looking for someone with a positive attitude eager to learn various aspects of project management and willing to assist in other departments when needed!
- Excellent Communication/Customer Service Skills
- Familiar with construction documents
- Some construction background
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines and determine level of urgency
- Good follow up on outstanding tasks
- Computer proficient (Outlook Email, Microsoft Office, Windows)
- File Permit Applications with Supporting Documents
- File for Building Approvals with Supporting Documents
- Continually improve the customer experience and streamline internal service fulfillment processes.
- Data Entry and File Management
- Receive delivery orders (Ability to lift at least 50lbs)
- Open to learning and supporting other departments when needed
Skill Requirements: Previous construction experience is preferred for this position. Strong communication, customer service and computer skills are vital.
- 1 year of relevant experience (school is fine)
- Reliable transportation
- Strong customer service focus. Ability to identify with urgency of customer request to follow through the response to completion.
- Strong attention to detail with intensity around producing high quality products and meeting deadlines.
- Comfortable with problem solving, identifying the best path forward, and creating new processes.
- Proficient using MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat
- Consistently meets or exceeds expectations
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent administrative skills
Looking for a team player with a “can-do” attitude to help and support our growing business!
Job Type: Full-time
Location:Absolute Construction is an equal opportunity employer that has a down-to-earth work environment and a staff who believes in teamwork. For more information about Absolute Construction, visit our website at www.absolutekbs.com
Work where you can make a difference!