Senior Systems Engineer
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Retirement
ABSC is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer supporting DIA-NMEC under the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) Modernization program which falls under our 10 year DOMEX Technology Platform (DTP) contract. Have impact as part of a mission focused, solutions oriented, and adaptive team that values innovation, collaboration, and professional development. As the Senior System Engineer, you will perform and manage the full spectrum of systems engineering tasks to include requirements analysis, feature, system and interface design, system integration, system testing, as well as working with the SE team in support of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and all associated documentation. You will also take on the role as a product owner to lead a software development team while managing risks, escalating impediments, and helping to drive continuous process improvement. While most work is conducted on-site at our client location in Bethesda, MD, we offer a flexible schedule and, occasionally, some tasks may be performed remotely. Percentage of remote work will vary based on client requirements/deliverables. If you are ready to join ABSC in enabling DIAs NMEC to provide critical and unique capabilities to the Intelligence Community, apply today!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
As a senior member of the team, you bring deep expertise in Systems Engineering (SE) and will work closely with Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, Architects as well as Government counterparts on the following key tasks:
- Technical support, coordination, and execution of systems engineering activities such as feature/requirements analysis, design, implementation planning, integration and test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment
- Perform systems engineering tasks within time-boxed (e.g., agile) sprints and releases. Support sprint and release planning activities as well as the creation of and/or input to work tickets (e.g., JIRA) as well as program/system documentation using collaboration software (e.g., Confluence)
- Support and employ MBSE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and sustainment in coordination with the Lead SE and SE team members
- Help to define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
- Assist in establishing SE processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities
Experience and education required for this role:
You are rigorous while having the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience. You bring leaderships skills and enthusiasm and meet the following qualifications:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience with 12+ years in software development, system engineering or related field
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Experience with creating design packages and workflows
- Experience in writing technical solutions and whitepapers
- Experience implementing key Agile processes and techniques
- Experience with facilitating scrum for the team (Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo)
- Experience with Gitlab (workflow), JIRA, and Confluence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with a MBSE approach and tools or experience with framework/approach like MBSE
Desired experience for this role:
- Software development/coding experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, and React
- Experience with database systems, search engines, model view controller (MVC); web applications
- Experience in a Linux Red Hat and Centos environment
- Experience with big data applications
- Scaled Agile Framework certification (SAFe Agilist or other)
- Familiarity with continuous integration/continuous development tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, or equivalent)
Who we are:
Since 2001, Absolute Business Solutions Corp (ABSC) has delivered professional services and technology-enabled solutions to federal, defense, and intelligence customers through a mission-first ethos resulting in agile, innovative, and technology-advancing capabilities.
ABSCs employees including software developers, multi-disciplined intelligence analysts, technology protection engineers, program support personnel, and specialists in cloud, data science, AI/ML, and cyber diligently support their customers, address their challenges, and stay ahead of technological or operational impacts to the mission.
ABSC stands ready to deliver the next generation of programs, personnel, and solutions to help advance our federal government customers driving innovation, agility, and security across all mission areas.
Some of our benefits include:
- 4 weeks of PTO plus 11 Federal Holidays
- Retirement Planning 401k Fully Vested with Matching
- Tuition Assistance Program Have Student Loans? Let us help!
- Annual Health and Wellness Allowance
- Career Development 5,250 USD Annually Towards Education and Training
- Volunteer Time Off Spend time directly supporting a charity of your choice
- Charitable Match ABSC matches (set amount) an employees donation to a qualifying charity
- Paid Parental Leave Employees receive 3 weeks of paid parental leave at 100% pay
- Referral Program We pay for internal and external referrals!
- Performance Bonus
Apply to join our team today! We are always looking to grow our team - if you know someone who is seeking a new career opportunity, please share this job opening with them! ABSC offers generous external referral bonuses. You dont need to be an employee to benefit from our Referral Program!
*ABSC is a proud V3, Virginia Values Vets, member which recognizes our commitment to hiring Veterans. If you are a veteran, please be sure to include that in your application. Thank you! *
Absolute Business Solutions Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters; If youd like to view a copy of the companys affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HR@absc-us.com.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact ABSC Human Resources at 703-437-3000 or HR@absc-us.com. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Absolute Business Solutions CorpBethesda, MD
Get fresh Senior Systems Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.