Senior Systems Engineer / Lead
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Retirement
ABSC is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer Lead supporting DIA-NMEC under the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) Modernization program which falls under our 10 year DOMEX Technology Platform (DTP) contract. Have impact as part of a mission focused, solutions oriented, and adaptive team that values innovation, collaboration, and professional development. As the Senior Systems Engineer Lead focusing on the full spectrum of the enterprise and production landscape, you will be responsible for the overall architecture/engineering of the D3P solution (infrastructure and functionality) with ability to get hands-on within the systems when it is implemented/deployed. As the Senior Systems Engineer (SE) Lead, you will ensure that all SE designs are aligned with customer needs, help the SEs figure out priorities, understand the interdependencies among the SE scrum teams, and create an overarching capability roadmap. You bring experience interacting with the customer as well as experience in working with on-prem and cloud-based systems across a matrixed team. Additionally, you will create and present briefings as well as interact with the Govt Enterprise Architecture team and be part of the DTP Technical Panel. While the work is primarily conducted on-site at our client location in Bethesda, MD, we offer a flexible schedule and, occasionally, some tasks may be performed remotely. Percentage of remote work will vary based on client requirements/deliverables. If you are ready to join ABSC in enabling DIA's NMEC to provide critical and unique capabilities to the Intelligence Community, apply today!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
As a senior member of the team, you are also a stakeholder in systems being developed with deep expertise in Systems Engineering (SE) and will work closely with Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, Architects as well as Government counterparts to ensure the sustainability of future systems and will support key tasks such as:
- Concept of Operations Formulation
- Requirements Definition
- Analysis and Engineering
- System Architecting
- System Analysis and Design
- Interface and Data Architectures
- System Integration
- System & Operations Performance Analysis
- Decision Analysis and Resolution
- Support with the hands-on PROD system tier-3 level support, troubleshooting, and resolution
- Fostering an environment of collaboration with the different team members in the goal of providing quality service and product to our customer.
Experience and education required for this role:
You are rigorous while having the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience. You bring enthusiasm, initiative, solutions/ideas, technical and leadership experience meeting the following qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in an engineering field from an accredited university and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience
- Must possess an Active Top Secret clearance and ability to obtain TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Experiencing leading a team of systems engineers and have ability to view SE work across teams to identify interdependencies.
- Experience hands-on (e.g., writing scripts, CLI investigations, configuration updates, etc.) troubleshooting and repairing hardware and software systems
- Operating and monitoring complex IT systems and subsystems
- Hands-on experience working within technology platforms such as ElasticSearch, Kubernetes cluster, storage systems, etc. and writing code/scripts (e.g., python)
- Experience with data processing pipelines
- Experience managing tools, authentication/authorization mechanisms, and software deployed across multiple domains
- Experience developing continuity of operations plans and minimizing restoration timelines
- Experience leading technical efforts, taking initiative on developing solutions, and leaning forward on addressing challenges and obstacles.
In addition, you have a deep understanding of the following:
- Strong understanding of cloud-based systems
- System, database, data stores, and network administration and optimization
- Multi-domain/cross domain architectures
- Operational and mission support systems
- Cybersecurity implementation in the IT environment
- Development and collection of performance metrics, including KPIs
Desired experience includes:
- Privilege User Access (PUA) to include a minimum of an active COMPTIA Security+ certification. Note: you will need to obtain PUA as part of fulfilling the role
- Scaled Agile Framework certification (SAFe Agilist or other) + Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Experience supporting DIA/NMEC and/or D3P
- ITIL experience and certification
- OSINT familiarity
Who we are:
Since 2001, Absolute Business Solutions Corp (ABSC) has delivered professional services and technology-enabled solutions to federal, defense, and intelligence customers through a mission-first ethos resulting in agile, innovative, and technology-advancing capabilities.
ABSCs employees including software developers, multi-disciplined intelligence analysts, technology protection engineers, program support personnel, and specialists in cloud, data science, AI/ML, and cyber diligently support their customers, address their challenges, and stay ahead of technological or operational impacts to the mission.
ABSC stands ready to deliver the next generation of programs, personnel, and solutions to help advance our federal government customers driving innovation, agility, and security across all mission areas.
Some of our benefits include:
- 4 weeks of PTO plus 11 Federal Holidays
- Retirement Planning 401k Fully Vested with Matching
- Tuition Assistance Program Have Student Loans? Let us help!
- Annual Health and Wellness Allowance
- Career Development 5,250 USD Annually Towards Education and Training
- Volunteer Time Off Spend time directly supporting a charity of your choice
- Charitable Match ABSC matches (set amount) an employees donation to a qualifying charity
- Paid Parental Leave Employees receive 3 weeks of paid parental leave at 100% pay
- Referral Program We pay for internal and external referrals!
- Performance Bonus
Apply to join our team today! We are always looking to grow our team - if you know someone who is seeking a new career opportunity, please share this job opening with them! ABSC offers generous external referral bonuses. You dont need to be an employee to benefit from our Referral Program!
*ABSC is a proud V3, Virginia Values Vets, member which recognizes our commitment to hiring Veterans. If you are a veteran, please be sure to include that in your application. Thank you! *
Absolute Business Solutions Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters; If youd like to view a copy of the companys affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HR@absc-us.com.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact ABSC Human Resources at 703-437-3000 or HR@absc-us.com. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Absolute Business Solutions CorpBethesda, MD
Get fresh Senior Systems Engineer / Lead jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.