Field Operations Manager (LEA LICENSE REQUIRED)
- Posted: over a month ago
Absco Solutions is the premier facility vulnerability expert in fire life-safety, security and technology field with offices in Lynnwood, Fife, and Spokane, Washington, and Beaverton, Oregon. We specialize in fire alarm, access control, intrusion, and video surveillance and we’re looking for a Field Operations Manager with a Limited Energy System (LEA) Electrician License. This position will be located at our Beaverton, Oregon location.
The Field Operations Manager role is a leadership position focused on performance and accountability. This is a technical and business-oriented position. It will provide oversight and management to field operations as well as support overarching branch-specific strategic initiatives. This position is responsible for the primary communication between the Branch operations and Operations Management. The Field Operations Manager reports directly to the Director of Operations.
To work directly with end-users, contractors, and other technicians and responsible for day-to-day operations on the job sites including staging and performing daily work and communicating project status to the technicians and apprentices. This position is based out of our Beaverton, Oregon office but work assignments will cover the State of Oregon and Southwest Washington. Absco currently has offices in Lynnwood, Spokane, Everett, and Fife Washington. Due to the nature of this position, additional travel may be required.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee Branch Operations Management and of a Project Management which includes but is not limited to:
- Oversee Branch Operations Management and Project Management which includes but is not limited to:
- Work with Corporate Operations to ensure the project management processes are followed.
- Project implementation and management: Manage project scopes and timeframes and be able to recognize changes in scopes of projects. Manage change orders creation and through approval for projects.
- Ensure Service requests are documented, scheduled, and closed out monthly.
- Facilitate all communications internal and external relating to the project including sales, administration, design, etc.
- Communicate with customers, contractors, internal Absco personnel, and support staff to ensure effective job implementation and completion.
- Develop Branch Operations’ employees in Absco specific disciplines as well as identify needed factory and industry certifications.
- Along with the Director of Operations, coordinate and resolve all required items relating to personnel concerns within the department.
- Manage branch-specific operations budget and coordinate project items for sub-contractors, per-diem, materials, and all labor items.
- Provide leadership and accountability for Branch specific strategic initiatives.
- Provide onsite installation or service support as required by customers or labor capacity needs.
- Attend required meetings involving discussions over Corporate Strategy affecting the Branch, P&Ls, profitability, or any other necessary meetings by Absco Solutions Management.
- Provide updates to administration weekly as it relates to Forecasting.
- Continuously develop and improve your technical knowledge and abilities.
- Knowledge of proper installation and capabilities of all systems provided by Absco.
- Ensure all services provided to the customer in relation to assigned tasks are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure work completed is consistent with manufacturer requirements, code requirements, product limitations, and meets customer needs.
- Track the performance of assigned projects and personnel associated to improve efficiencies.
- Provide feedback to Operations management to improve design, efficiencies, and processes.
- Follow all processes to accomplish the assigned organizational goals and projects. Provide feedback on recommended process changes.
- Develop an understanding of liabilities and responsibilities relating to services provided by Absco Solutions.
Support Customer Relations:
- Respond to customers regarding service-related items.
- Provide technical responses to customers’ inquiries.
- Ensure communication with customer from the time of project award through project closeout.
Support the system design process as directed by the Director of Operations
- Provide feedback on system design to the sales and design departments regarding proposed and/or completed systems.
- Provide technical consultation to internal and external customers.
- Support Sales efforts by attending site walks.
- Oversee branch-specific overall project design.
Support departments internally by collaborating on:
- Response to customers regarding service-related items.
- Support the sales department by providing technical solutions for customers.
- Provide technical responses to internal resources as required.
- Oversee project scheduling and project closeout procedures
This position presides over the Field Operations which direct reports include but are not limited to:
- Field Supervisors
- Office Associates assigned to the branch
Qualifications and Skills
- Project Management experience.
- Budgeting and business analysis experience
- Strong communication skills and works well under pressure.
- Business analysis – provide information to the Director of Operations in the form of written communication, spreadsheets, dashboards, graphical media, or other forms used for business presentations.
- Ability to provide resolution for operational issues to internal and external customers
- Sustained positive attitude and provides leadership and support to those around them
- Travel will be required when deemed appropriate to support the business.
- Professional attitude and experience with a flexible work approach
- Washington low voltage license (EL06)
- Idaho Limited Energy specialty license.
- NICET II certification to provide input and manage over life safety systems.
- Fully Inoculated of the Covid virus
Benefits and Perks
- Compensation starting at $45 per hour DOE, skill-sets, certifications, etc.
- Paid-time-off plan / Holiday pay / Short & Long term disability
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Simple IRA retirement savings plan
- Company provided NICET, BOLI, CEU, & factory trainings
- Company provided vehicle, laptop, and tools
- Quarterly team activities
- Professional development plans
Absco Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Absco Solutions