Shipping and Receiving Lead---Hourly Ranges $21 to $27.00
- $21 to $27 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Send resumes to: HR@abrisa.com Location: Santa Paula, CA
ABRISA TECHNOLOGIES (www.abrisatechnologies.com) designs, manufactures, and distributes precision optical coating solutions and custom fabricated glass optical products via two divisions: Abrisa Industrial Glass, located in Santa Paula, CA and ZC&R Coatings for Optics located in Torrance, CA. Both companies are in the Los Angeles metropolitan area with 125,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing floor space and approximately 150 employees.
We are currently seeking a Shipping and Receiving Lead to join the team in Santa Paula, CA. Hourly Ranges $21 thru $27.00 along with a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, etc.
Position Overview: As a Shipping and Receiving Lead at Abrisa Technologies, you will manage all aspects of shipping, receiving, packing, inventory control, cycle counts, and supplies management within our glass fabrication facility. Your role will be crucial in maintaining a smooth flow of materials and finished products to meet customer demands.
- Shipping and Receiving:
- Receive incoming shipments of raw materials, glass products, and supplies.
- Inspect shipments for accuracy and quality, documenting any discrepancies.
- Coordinate outbound shipments, ensuring accurate packing and timely delivery to customers.
- Maintain organized records of all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Supervise the packing and crating of glass products, ensuring they are protected during transit.
- Implement packaging standards to meet safety and quality requirements.
- Collaborate with production and quality control teams to ensure products are packed correctly.
- Inventory Control:
- Manage and update inventory records accurately through the use of inventory management software.
- Conduct regular cycle counts and reconcile discrepancies.
- Collaborate with the procurement team to maintain optimal inventory levels.
- Implement best practices for inventory control and storage.
- Supplies Management:
- Monitor and maintain adequate levels of packaging materials, shipping supplies, and safety equipment.
- Coordinate with vendors for timely supply orders.
5. Other Duties:
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
- Previous experience in shipping, receiving, and inventory management in a manufacturing or fabrication setting.
- Knowledge of shipping vendors, such as UPS, Federal Express, and other major carriers
- Proficiency in using inventory management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to operate forklifts and other material handling equipment (certification preferred).
· Leadership skills.
· Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
· Bilingual Spanish/English desired.
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for ensuring efficient shipping, receiving, and inventory management processes, we encourage you to apply for the Shipping and Receiving Lead position at Abrisa Technologies. Join our team and contribute to our commitment to delivering top-quality glass products to our valued customers.
Required Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
Responsibilities-Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
As a lead, provides direction to shipping/receiving employees regarding production, quality, and safety activities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, daytime schedule, 40 hours per week. Must be able to work overtime when requested.
Travel: No travel expected
Licenses and Certifications Required: Forklift certification
Work Authorization: Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements of this position, all candidates must be presently classified as a “US Person," which includes a United States citizen, a permanent legal resident (green card holder); or a protected individual (refugee/asylum status)
AAP/EEO Statement: Abrisa Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Physical Requirements and Demands: The following physical requirements and conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate heavy equipment.
Work Environment and other Conditions:
PPE requirements: Steel-toed shoes and safety glasses required when in production floor as a minimum. Other PPE may be required depending on area and specific function needs.
The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Abrisa Industrial GlassSanta Paula, CA
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Shipping and Receiving Lead---Hourly Ranges $21 to $27.00 jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.