APE Companies is a private organization that offers a full suite of products that deliver solutions for surface preparation, safety and environmental service contractors. We have multiple locations throughout the southeastern United States.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant in their early career to join a fun and dynamic team in our Pasadena, TX office. The Staff Accounts is responsible for maintaining financial reports, records and general ledgers for the organization. They prepare and analyze budgets and perform general bookkeeping functions within the financial department and in support of the CFO.
Essential Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Prepare and record monthly closing entries.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintain Fixed Asset schedule; calculate and record monthly depreciation; insure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Manage sales tax notices and maintain compliance.
- Manage employee credit card applications and charges.
- Research and analyze data as requested by the CFO.
- Complete annual property tax filings.
- Assist with audit preparation and research.
- Assist with annual tax preparation.
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Prepare Board and other Management Reports in PowerPoint.
- Ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the CFO.
Our ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University/College in accounting is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to translate and present data to all levels of internal and external stakeholders. This may include employees, management, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common financial data and reports.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- High level of skill and aptitude in analyzing financial data and reports.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using of Microsoft Excel, including advanced formulas and v-lookups.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and projects
If this sounds like you and you are interested in working with a company that offers a fun, casual atmosphere and room for growth, we encourage you to apply!
APE is an equal opportunity employer. Third party solicitations will not be entertained.