We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team! You will be responsible for preparing and analyzing financial records for our clients.
- Prepares consolidated financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from clients.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for bank loans and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business with an emphasis in accounting.
- CPA preferred or current CPA candidate.
- Previous experience in accounting or other related fields.
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Experience in computer applications i.e. Quickbooks, Accounting CS, Word, Excel & Outlook .
- Detail and deadline-oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Heavy overtime hours are required from January 15th through April 15th including Saturdays as needed.