- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Perform a variety of professional auditing work of government entities, nonprofits, and other business entities ensuring that all financial data are recorded consistent with established policy and procedures: collect, review and analyze complex data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures; Examine records and interview workers to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations, detect deficient controls, duplicated efforts, fraud or noncompliance with laws, regulations and management policies; Draft, foot, and proof audit reports and other engagement documents; Report to management about asset utilization and audit results and recommend changes in operations and financial activities.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- CPA preferred or pursuing CPA.
- 3+ years of experience working in Audit on a variety of clients including government and nonprofit.
- Knowledge of the following: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards, GASB regulations, various software applications and pertinent federal and state regulations.
- Willingness to travel to audit sites in MD, DC, & VA. Travel expenses are paid/reimbursed.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
This is a full time position Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Heavy overtime hours are required from March 1st through October 31st including Saturdays as needed.
Salary competitive and will be based on experience.
Abrams Foster Nole & WilliamsWhy Work Here?
A dynamic and rewarding place to work!
Abrams, Foster, Nole & Williams, P.A. (AFNW) is a minority-owned certified public accounting firm that was founded in 1983 to provide growth and development opportunities in the accounting industry. Today, AFNW has grown into a diverse regional firm that serves the needs of companies and individuals throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Our capabilities include audit, accounting, tax and business advisory services for a variety of clients, from nonprofit organizations to government entities. For more than 35 years, AFNW has cultivated and maintained lasting relationships with a passion for industry expertise and a dedication to serving clients. Our professionals live by the philosophy – Quality with Distinction. This means that everything we do is fueled by our desire to perform services in a manner that provides value to our clients. Through personalized attention from our industry experts, we effectively address our clients' business and industry needs
2 Hamill Rd. Suite 241 West QuadrangleBaltimore, MD